Options

Help with Aperture Slideshow g

christulkchristulk Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
edited November 4, 2012 in Digital Darkroom
Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right area for this post, but I'll go ahead anyway.

I am trying to make a slideshow presentation using the photos I have edited in Aperture. When I drag the edited photos into the slideshow area, the originals as well as the edited versions are placed there. When I press 'play' on the Slideshow, it will not display the edited photos, but only the originals. I am not sure if I can 'force' it to show only the edited versions, so have a few questions I'm hoping someone can help me with:

1. Is there a way to get Aperture to include the edited photos only in the slideshow, or
2. Is there another programme that people recommend that I could use to take my edited Aperture photos and create a Slideshow?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D
C&C always welcomed.

Cheers

Chris

http://christulk.smugmug.com

'alot' is two words "a_______lot":D

Comments

• Options
    GlortGlort Registered Users Posts: 1,015 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2012
    I use pro show.
    Far as I'm concerned it's he ducks guts. You can throw something together in minutes with the auto settings that will blow people away or you can hand do it all yourself and bring a tear to your own eye at the end.
  • Options
    T. BombadilT. Bombadil Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2012
    christulk wrote: »
    Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right area for this post, but I'll go ahead anyway.

I am trying to make a slideshow presentation using the photos I have edited in Aperture. When I drag the edited photos into the slideshow area, the originals as well as the edited versions are placed there. When I press 'play' on the Slideshow, it will not display the edited photos, but only the originals. I am not sure if I can 'force' it to show only the edited versions, so have a few questions I'm hoping someone can help me with:

1. Is there a way to get Aperture to include the edited photos only in the slideshow, or
    2. Is there another programme that people recommend that I could use to take my edited Aperture photos and create a Slideshow?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

By "originals" and "edited photos", are you talking about images that were edited in an external editor (or via plugin) so they resulted in a stacked pair? The way to know that they 'belong to' a stack is that they (the pair, or more) are all inside a dark gray rectangle (and with one of them selected, you can click on Close or Open Stack in the "Stacks" menu).

If that is the case, you could "Close Stack" (make the edited version the "Pick" first), or you could "UnStack" (then drag only the edited version to the slideshow). Stacks are just an organizational tool, to help you. If the stacks are "Open", you can see all of the images. If they are closed, only the stack "Pick" appears (but there is a small number in the upper left corner of the image indicating how many images are in the stack).

Does that help?
    Bruce

Chooka chooka hoo la ley
    Looka looka koo la ley
  • Options
    christulkchristulk Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2012
    T. Bombadil and Glort,

Thank you both for replying. T, it seems your simple fix of 'unstacking' did the trickclap.gif. I can now move the edited photos that I want to use, directly into the slideshow. :D

Thanks again and happy shooting!

Cheers
    C&C always welcomed.

Cheers

Chris

http://christulk.smugmug.com

'alot' is two words "a_______lot":D