Options

Father and Son

cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
edited July 4, 2004 in People
Was wandering around today with only the 70-200 IS and caught this father & son. Mind you I wouldn't want to upset him, so I should have had the 100-400 :D

0578_dad_cs.jpg

After walking down the street...

0580_dad_cs.jpg
Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2004
    cmr164 wrote:
    Was wandering around today with only the 70-200 IS and caught this father & son. Mind you I wouldn't want to upset him, so I should have had the 100-400 :D

i like street candids.. i used to have that lens, and ditched it in favor of the 16-35L ... i want to be part of the scene.

this is a good shot for a tele candid.
  • Options
    edited July 4, 2004
    andy wrote:
    i like street candids.. i used to have that lens, and ditched it in favor of the 16-35L ... i want to be part of the scene.

this is a good shot for a tele candid.

Thanks Andy! Praise from you is valued.

I have the older 17-35L and many times I have gone out with just that and the 100-400L. They make a nice combo.

BTW: Doesn't the Heisenberg principle come into play with the 16-35? In other words, how do you get "candid" shots with a 16-35?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2004
    cmr164 wrote:
    Thanks Andy! Praise from you is valued.

I have the older 17-35L and many times I have gone out with just that and the 100-400L. They make a nice combo.

BTW: Doesn't the Heisenberg principle come into play with the 16-35? In other words, how do you get "candid" shots with a 16-35?

ahh mr. heisenberg... "the more precisely the position is determined, the less precisely the momentum is known in this instant, and vice versa."

sure, the 16-35 is a great lens for street work. on the 10d it's like 25-52, which is the range of the lenses that the greats used with their leicas..
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2004
    andy wrote:

I did a July 4th fair with the 70-200 yesterday, and realized I had the wrong lens. I shoulda had on the 16-35 or the 24-70. Either would have made life easier.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2004
    That guy looks like Vim Diesle
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited July 4, 2004
    Wonder if they were waiting for mom?

Neat shot too.

ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited July 4, 2004
    ian408 wrote:
    Wonder if they were waiting for mom?

Neat shot too.

ian
    This is why I hesitate to offer advice to others. I know I took them and I put them up but I don't think they are really good shots and I would sure like to know why people like them so I can do it again :)