Options

Insurance through Hill & Usher

SkorriSkorri Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
edited November 9, 2012 in Mind Your Own Business
I have neglected getting comprehensive insurance for my gear until now :thumb Does anybody have experience with Hill & Usher ? My homeowners (Statefarm) wont touch my gear. I filled out the online quote for Hill & Usher and they responded very quickly with a detailed response. I'm not a lawyer but what they sent me looks very well written.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2012
    Skorri wrote: »
    I have neglected getting comprehensive insurance for my gear until now thumb.gif Does anybody have experience with Hill & Usher ? My homeowners (Statefarm) wont touch my gear. I filled out the online quote for Hill & Usher and they responded very quickly with a detailed response. I'm not a lawyer but what they sent me looks very well written.

Thanks in advance

They are well known and respected. I use them.

Sam
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2012
  • Options
    spider-tspider-t Registered Users Posts: 443 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2012
    Hill & Usher = awesome
    Skorri wrote: »
    I have neglected getting comprehensive insurance for my gear until now thumb.gif Does anybody have experience with Hill & Usher ? My homeowners (Statefarm) wont touch my gear. I filled out the online quote for Hill & Usher and they responded very quickly with a detailed response. I'm not a lawyer but what they sent me looks very well written.

Thanks in advance

I've had Hill & Usher for years. I had my entire bag stolen from an event once. Close to $20k in gear. To add to the stress, I had to get on a plane the next day to shoot a 4-day conference in Boston. Hill & Usher covered my renting everything I needed for the Boston shoot and the got me checks to buy new gear when I returned. They even covered the messenger service I used to have the gear waiting for me at the hotel when I arrived. Seriously professional, seriously solid insurance.

They also are quick with a certificate of liability insurance whenever I need one. I was shooting at a 4 Seasons once and security stopped my shoot because they didn't have a certificate for me. I called Hill & Usher right there and they faxed one within 5 minutes.

Awesome.
    Trish Tunney
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2012
    Holy crap Trish I am so sorry that happened. Sounds like Hill and Usher stepped up big time ! Peace of mind is huge when dealing with any company. I feel so much better now, thanks for all the info. bowdown.gif

Keith