Options

Large metal pano provider

WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
edited November 14, 2012 in Mind Your Own Business
I didn't see that Bay photo could provide the size I need.

I have a client that wants one of my recent pano's in a metal print, 30x84 or as near to that as I can provide.... I was looking at Bay photo and didn't see that they offer that size of monster print... does anybody have tips on where the best place to order this beastly print would be? I plan on encouraging 3 seperate 20x36 prints into a tryptich which would look cool, but want to give them the pricing option of both.

Thanks

Lee
Lee Wiren

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2012
    Bay could probably tile it for you?? I know that is not exactly the same as one humongous print but they still look really cool...just a thought.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited November 12, 2012
    Thanks Art, That is what I plan to encourage to the client as I am sure the cost will be less that way and easier on me and still look awesome, but want to quote both in case they insist on one large Pano.
    Lee Wiren
  • Options
    CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2012
    Bay Photo does custom sized metal prints, no need to tile it.

http://www.bayphoto.com/metalprints/single/sizes-and-prices.htm (scroll down to the bottom of the page for the Custom Size Metal Prints info & pricing)
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2012
    CWSkopec wrote: »
    Bay Photo does custom sized metal prints, no need to tile it.

http://www.bayphoto.com/metalprints/single/sizes-and-prices.htm (scroll down to the bottom of the page for the Custom Size Metal Prints info & pricing)

Thanks Chris, I missed that... so... that would be about $630 before shipping costs.. can't imagine it'd be cheap to ship a large, long print like that... so... yeah, I can guestimate some pricing based off of that.. at least a few hundred more that the tiled shots...

Thank you again.

Lee
    Lee Wiren
  • Options
    spacefuzzspacefuzz Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2012
    Weldon Labs in LA would be able to do that for you. It would be more expensive than Bay but their quality is second to none.
  • Options
    edited November 14, 2012
    Thanks Fuzz....

As an update... the client has decided to choose the option of the 3 panel triptych and will be buying three 24x30 metal prints.... it will be less costly for them, easier on me and roughly the same profit.... appreciate all the assistance.

Lee
    Lee Wiren