Options

Question on REMOVING WATER MARKS

Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
edited November 20, 2012 in SmugMug Support
Anyway of removing all watermarks site wide so i can use WINDOWNLOADER to get my site on to a harddrive, so I can close my account??
"Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

Comments

• Options
    AperturePlusAperturePlus Registered Users Posts: 374 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2012
    If you go into the gallery and select tools/many photos/more/watermarking you can group select them all and delete the watermark.
  • Options
    edited November 20, 2012
    If you go into the gallery and select tools/many photos/more/watermarking you can group select them all and delete the watermark.

that is what I do not want to do..... I do not have just 15 or 20 galleries.....i need a way to do this once and make it site wide.... I started doing one category over 2 hours ago and they are all still watermarked even after i deleted the actual watermarks from the control panel watermarking area...
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 20, 2012
    Hi Art, if you downgrade to Power prior to closing the account, watermarks will be removed automatically, and you can then bulk download the photos from your site. Alternatively, check the Photo Timeline from your Homepage Layout button, click "Browse: all", and remove the watermarks there (Tools > Many photos > More > watermarking).

Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited November 20, 2012
    annnna8888 wrote: »
    Hi Art, check the Photo Timeline from your Homepage Layout button, click "Browse: all", and remove the watermarks there (Tools > Many photos > More > watermarking).

Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero

I seem to be missing 43 images when I follow the above instructions...by missing when I get to the watermark or remove watermark page...it shows 43 images less than what the Browse all page was showing...

Why?? Definitive answer please ... ... ... no quessing please.

• Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2012
    When I go to your site the number next to "All" in the timeline matches up to the same number when I click on "all" and go to the gallery. The number ends in 137. I'm not sure why you wouldn't be seeing that. Are you logged in? If you are logged out any "hidden" photos might not be showing up in the All gallery.

Would you like me to remove the watermarks from your site since I can see them all?
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited November 20, 2012
    zacHer0 wrote: »
    When I go to your site the number next to "All" in the timeline matches up to the same number when I click on "all" and go to the gallery. The number ends in 137. I'm not sure why you wouldn't be seeing that. Are you logged in? If you are logged out any "hidden" photos might not be showing up in the All gallery.

Would you like me to remove the watermarks from your site since I can see them all?

Yes of course I am logged in or I would not be able to access the owner tools....

the number I unwatermarked ended in 94...that is 43 less...

• Options
    edited November 20, 2012
    Would you like me to remove the watermarks from your site since I can see them all? Just confirm the number ends in 137. I'm not sure why then you wouldn't see all the images in the All gallery.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited November 20, 2012
    Art, we figured it out thanks to Hero Ana. I was comparing the number of photos on the homepage timeline to the number of photos in the All gallery. Your number ending in 94 is what you see when you click Tools > Many Photos > Watermarking. The reason why you see 43 less in there is because those 43 photos are smaller than 800px on the longest side so they couldn't be watermarked in the first place. You are good to go to remove the watermarks now :).
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero