Options

Nikon Coolpix 8800 Dinosaur

Lolo4uLolo4u Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited November 20, 2012 in Nikon Land
I am an American expat living in the Philippines and new to this site.
A few years ago, while in Hong Kong, I purchased a Nikon Coolpix 8800 camera. I am now regretting buying this model because I now think that I purchased the Edsel of the Nikon line. It's not the camera, it's the availability of replacement batteries.

The original batteries are long gone and I am have a heck of a time finding the EN-EL7 replacement type that will fit this camera. I can find almost any other EN-EL_ (fill in the blank) but the EN-EL7 is or is nearly extinct. I find this kind of weird.

While searching for this elusive battery:scratch, I happened on an article that mentioned a battery pack that will work with the Coolpix 8800. Its number is: MB-CP11. This sounds like a better option as it will take (6) regular or rechargeable AA batteries. Judging what the cost for the regular rechargeable Nikon batteries go for (when you can find them), it would be a cheaper way to go.

I have another small Canon Powershot A95 that uses (4) regular or rechargeable AA batteries and I like this option better than the Chargeable (only) type of arrangement. I have never been stuck waiting for the rechargeable battery to recharge as long as there was a drug store, 7-11, gas station convenience store , etc. nearby where regular batteries are available.:thumb

Soooo!, my question to the forum is: any help, suggestions, or locations where I might obtain the EN-EL7 Battery or the MB-CP11 Battery Pack.
Maybe I have a dinosaur and even though it's a good camera, it's useless without out the battery power that it requires.:help

If you would prefer it, my e-mail address is lopakalolo@iname.com

Thanks in advance:D

Comments