Options

Pocekt Wizard ii & Square Perfect Strobes

williaeswilliaes Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
edited November 25, 2012 in Accessories
I have two Square Perfect 160's that I have and use off and on. Square has a radio trigger that plugs into the sync on the strobes and a trigger for the hotshoe. It works great no problems. I have just recently attempted to use my pocket wizard ii to trigger one of the strobes and it wont work. Anyone have any ideas what to fix or why it will not fire. It does fire when plugging it into the sync port on the strobe but not with the control.

I know the strobes are not the best of quality but they work well for me when I use them.

Thanks in advance for any help.
2 Corinthians 9:15

williamspics.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    perronefordperroneford Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2012
    I'm confused.... Are you using a PAIR of pocketwizards to attept this? Or just one?
  • Options
    williaeswilliaes Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2012
    I'm confused.... Are you using a PAIR of pocketwizards to attept this? Or just one?

Yes on the pair.

I have also attempted to use the "Test" button to fire the strobe from the PW. The Square brand radio trigger works fine on the strobe. The PWs do not. The PWs work great on my speedlights.

Thanks again.
    2 Corinthians 9:15

williamspics.smugmug.com
  • Options
    perronefordperroneford Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2012
    If it doesn't work from the test button, it may well be the wrong cable, or they may not be compatible at all. I am not familiar with the Square Perfect brand, but did google them. PWs seem to work with most major brands so this brand may simply use an incompatible triggering mechanism.