Options

Client CD/DVD Fulfillment Service for SmugMug?

PeaksPeaks Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited November 29, 2012 in Mind Your Own Business
Hey All,
Just reaching out to ask some questions. I have a photography company and use SmugMug for the bulk of my photo gallery storage needs. My company mails our clients either a CD or DVD of all of the images from their events. This is often a big pain for us. I'm assuming many of you have a similar process. My question is would anyone use a service that handled the production and shipping of CD's or DVD's directly from the SmugMug gallery to the client? Is there a service that does this?

Looking forward to hearing some ideas.
P

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,821 moderator
    edited November 27, 2012
    I moved this to the "Mind Your Own Business" forum since this strikes me as business services question.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    PeaksPeaks Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited November 27, 2012
    Hey!
    Thanks so much. I'm new to posting in Forums and didn't realize that section existed.
    p
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    I moved this to the "Mind Your Own Business" forum since this strikes me as business services question.
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2012
    Exposure Manager (www.exposuremanager.com) has such a service (through their own website, not from a Smugmug gallery).
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2012
    Do you have to provide a CD/DVD? SmugMug has a 'download all' function that basically gives you a link to email to your client. The client uses that link to download all the files. It is super easy to do. Your client can then save those files anywhere--hard drive, external drive, CD/DVD.....

Look for it under "Tools--This Gallery--Download All".

Sherry
  • Options
    JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2012
    slpollett wrote: »
    Do you have to provide a CD/DVD? SmugMug has a 'download all' function that basically gives you a link to email to your client. The client uses that link to download all the files. It is super easy to do. Your client can then save those files anywhere--hard drive, external drive, CD/DVD.....

Look for it under "Tools--This Gallery--Download All".

Sherry

Which would SUCK if you had a large gallery, say, like a wedding. It breaks your gallery into pieces, I forget how big, but I once tried to download all of my pics from one gallery and the system sent me 32 emails... each with a link to 1 piece of the download. Not what I would want to subject a client to wait for all those downloads.