Options

Android app not loading all thumbnails

dberthiadberthia Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
edited December 6, 2012 in SmugMug Support
I recently purchased a Nexus 10 Android tablet and installed the SmugMug mobile app. However, when I browse my galleries, I frequently get red "X"s in place of the thumbnails. It certainly looks as though I have a good data connection, but some of the thumbnails will not load. If I browse the galleries through a web browser I don't have this issue.

Comments

• Options
    GlassEyeGlassEye Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited November 29, 2012
    I just got the Samsung Galaxy Note II and it has the same problem. The app does display some pictures but most just show a red X. Of course, the web site works just fine. Any suggestions?

Mike
  • Options
    bgatesbgates Registered Users Posts: 100 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2012
    same thing on my Nexus 7, mostly just red Xs
  • Options
    edited December 3, 2012
    Is this app even supported anymore? It would be nice to at least hear "We know about it and are working on a fix".
  • Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2012
    Same problem, it does that (the X's) sometimes, not others, seemingly randomly.

It's also a ridiculous app, doesn't allow you to view larger versions (i.e. zoom is just zoom into the same image it doesn't get more resolution), it's very simplistic. Speaks rather poorly of Smugmug's interest in the mobile arena frankly.
  • Options
    edited December 4, 2012
    I've been monitoring these forums for years, but lately am getting the distinct impression that they're being largely ignored since Andy left. Hopefully things will change, or I may be looking to take my business elsewhere.
  • Options
    ZBlackZBlack Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2012
    While I fully understand that this isn't the official app and some may not want to pay for it, but I have found that Smugfolio is a far better app in my opinion. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snapwood.smugfolio&hl=en is the link for it if you wanted to check it out as an alternative. It's also updated much more often! I don't have a Nexus 10 yet (on my Christmas list), I have used it on my Galaxy Note I, Acer Iconia and my Kindle Fire HD tablets.
  • Options
    edited December 4, 2012
    Checked out SmugFolio- thanks for tip. Worth the 3 bucks IMO. Just wish you could make the thumbnails bigger on tablets. Will be uninstalling the stock SmugMug app.
  • Options
    bgatesbgates Registered Users Posts: 100 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2012
    thanks
    Thanks for the tip Zach, just installed and ditching the Smug app.