Options

Canon S100 on sale

bfluegiebfluegie Registered Users Posts: 744 Major grins
edited December 2, 2012 in Cameras
After reading all the good comments about the Canon S series on this site, I wanted to replace my Nikon S8000 with the S100. The only thing that had caused me to hesitate was the cost. Somehow, spending $400 for a pocket camera was just not something to take lightly. However, during my holiday shopping I went to Amazon.com. The first thing I saw was this camera on sale for $249. Somehow, the first gift I bought was for ME! Imagine that. I have paid this much for lesser cameras.

Just in case someone else is in the same position, I thought I would share the info on the sale--now that I ordered mine anyway.
~~Barbara

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,851 moderator
    edited December 1, 2012
    I'm sure we would appreciate your thoughts on the camera, once you get and test it.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2012
    It's up to $299 now, fwiw...
  • Options
    bfluegiebfluegie Registered Users Posts: 744 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2012
    divamum wrote: »
    It's up to $299 now, fwiw...

Wow, things change in a hurry. Still a good discount, but I'm glad I got my order in when I did.
    ~~Barbara
  • Options
    DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2012
    You will not be sorry it is a good camera, this coming from a Nikon Shooter. Nice to have a RAW capable camera that fit in your pocket. Also the manual controls are nice.
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    NomadRipNomadRip Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2012
    I'm very pleased with ours. We were going to grab one already, and were looking at the prices on Thanksgiving. Didn't care about the newer features of the S110. The next day, they were $229, so we each got one.

Incredibly pleased with it, coming from only a P&S background and trying to learn to shoot better photos. Battery life is a bit more non-existent compared to the other Canon point & shoots we've had, but the comparison to those others as far as build quality alone is night and day.