A Longwood Christmas 7 pics

BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
edited December 5, 2012 in Journeys
My wife went to Longwood as a child, and the place left an impression on her. She came home and proclaimed that she was going to be married there. We did get married in a Garden, but not Longwood. We did celebrate our 10 year anniversary at Longwood.

IMG_0619-L.jpg

IMG_0632-L.jpg

IMG_0678-L.jpg

IMG_0695-L.jpg

IMG_0710-L.jpg

IMG_0782-L.jpg

IMG_0835-L.jpg

Comments

• red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2012
    Excellent pictures. I really like #1, 2 and 4. I've always wondered what the light installation would look like all lit up - it's certainly much better at night - during the day it is sort of ugly (I guess when I was there they were still laying wires over the grass).
    Jake,

Thanks. I was really blown away by the place, and the story. DuPont was pretty progressive in many ways, and he had a brilliant mind. There is a snap shot in the Pierre Dupont house of his wife posed on the steps of one of the main fountain areas, the caption relates a story of Pierre assembling his grand children for a picture in the same place and then having the fountain operator soak them. His wife's expression in the picture is a perfect "don't you dare", as a photographer they place is a feast. I did all my long exposure stuff without a tripod, trying to imagine where a guest of another time would set a brownie. My wife hadn't been there for 25 years, we won't wait that long again.
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited December 4, 2012
    What a beautiful location!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2012
    I miss that place, used to live in the area. Beautiful any time of year, but Christmas was always best. Thanks for the pics.