Options

Triggering PWII and TT5 with TT1?

vdotmatrixvdotmatrix Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
edited December 16, 2012 in Accessories
I want to mix and use these 2 systems in the studio.

I have photogenic studiomax II & IIIs monolights and softboxes that right now I trigger with PWIIs and my sekonic l398... fine!

In comes FLEX system TT1, TT5 and 2 580EXII speedlights.

I know that I cannot control the monolights with the flex-GOT IT!!!

What I would love to do is be able to trigger and control some speedlites for additional KICKERS or HAIRLITES....

can the TT1 fit this bill. hopefull i will get an response by the time i get home.

thanks in advance.

v

Comments

• Options
    perronefordperroneford Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2012
    Trigger - yes. Control - no. The PWII does not speak ControlTL. That is the functionality in the Flex system that allows it to do all the nice tricks. In order for the Flex system to speak the PWII language, they have to be dumbed down. That will allow them to trigger, but not to do any fancy control.

As long as you have a PWII in the mix, or any other old radio, you are going to be hampered.
  • Options
    vdotmatrixvdotmatrix Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2012

I have photogenic studiomax II & IIIs monolights and softboxes that right now I trigger with PWIIs and my sekonic l398... fine!

<strong>I know that I cannot control the monolights with the flex-GOT IT!!!</strong>

What I would love to do is be able to trigger and control some speedlites for additional KICKERS or HAIRLITES....

can the TT1 fit this bill. hopefull i will get an response by the time i get home.

thanks in advance.

Thanks Perrone for that..
  • Options
    sellissellis Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2012
    vdotmatrix wrote: »

I know that I cannot control the monolights with the flex-GOT IT!!!

thanks in advance.

v

Yes, just make sure the PlusIIs and the Flex are on the same channel. I do it all the time and it's the reason I went with the PW system.