What gives?

Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
edited December 19, 2012 in Dgrin Forum Support
Today as I was browsing dGrin, I had a popup appear for a survey, asking me how often I visit dGrin, and 2 other questions. It then said for answering the survey I was going to receive an IPad. As soon as I filled out my name, address, phone #, and email address, I was directed to another site trying to get me to buy stuff. It wouldn't have been too annoying had there been something for a male, or that delt with photography, but everything was geared towards a woman. I also notice words and phrases are underlined and if you hover over them a small popup appears that looks like an advertisement.

GaryB
GaryB
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited December 17, 2012
    Sure sounds like a malware attack to me. If I were you, I'd run a full system virus scan immediately. I very much doubt that Dgrin had anything to do with it--Dgrin mods and admins go to a lot of trouble to keep the forum free of spam. While there is a remote possibility that Dgrin's Web server has been compromised, I'm pretty sure we would have heard many more complaints by now if that were the case. Do you happen to remember what thread you were looking at when this happened? It's possible that there was a hidden link that slipped through the spam defenses. ne_nau.gif
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2012
    This has NOTHING to do with Dgrin and everything to do with software that has infected your computer.
  • Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2012
    Thanks guys! I think it was a plugin for Chrome. As soon as I uninstalled Chrome and all the plugins, everything went back to normal.

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams