racerracer Registered Users Posts: 333 Major grins
edited December 21, 2012 in The Big Picture
----
Todd - My Photos

Comments

• Options
    Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2012
    I've had lots of prints done through ezprints without a problem. Call them up and explain and I'm sure they will reprint. If your ordered through smugmug, they have a print guarantee.
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2012
    Have you emailed the help desk and asked for refund? SmugMug has a 100% guarantee. And you've been around long enough to know that SM has used EZP for nearly 9 years - and millions and millions of print orders, and millions of happy customers. Obviously your order had a foulup at the lab, and these things can happen, especially at a time when order volumes are orders of magnitude larger than the rest of the year. So you had one bad result - which would have been a non-issue had you ordered with time to spare (Since SM would happy replace and reprint). Email SM and get your refund, and don't cut timing so short next time, and call it a lesson learned deal.gif Oh also, you said "thinking they were (a) professional lab" - it's plainly written on SmugMug's pages that Bay Photo is the Pro Lab of choice.

EDIT: OH - did you order DIRECTLY from EZP?
  • Options
    edited December 20, 2012
    Hey Racer - no slap on the wrist - I was trying to ascertain whether you ordered via SM or EZP directly. I emailed this thread to Taylor at EZP, I'm sure they'll do right by you.
    SmugMug uses a reputable lab - EZP is reputable. Years and millions of happy customers prove this. You had an unfortunate experience. Again, I'm certain they'll do right by you!

No phone number? A simple google search will yield you their number.
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2012
    racer wrote: »

My mistake was thinking that smugmug uses a reputable lab, and that it wouldnt make any difference if I got them done threw smugmug or directly threw the lab.

Their e-mail works well from my experience. But call em if you need to: (678) 405-5500
    tom wise
  • Options
    teamezpteamezp Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited December 21, 2012
    Ouch and we are not happy hearing this...

Racer, Please contact me directly at tsumner@ezprints-inc.com or direct line at 678.405.5549

We will absolutely do the right thing here!!
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2012
    I really shouldn't be surprised at posts like these, but I am.

I get that your unhappy, most people would be receiving damaged prints, but trying to blame everyone else is not realistic or productive.

It isn't EZP's fault that that you waited until the last minute to order. It's not their fault your short of money. It's not their fault that on Dec 20, you are venting on a photo forum instead of contacting them immediately to provide the maximum time for them to rectify the situation. It's not SmugMug's fault that their research and experience has been positive, and that they passed along that info. It's not SmugMug's fault you ordered direct and therefor can not directly assist you with EZP.

If the prints are as you describe that would be EZP's fault. I assure you they will do everything possible to fix it. All businesses screw up now and again. Don't judge them by one error, judge them by how they react to the error.

Stop trying to blame everyone on the planet. Life happens.

Now to take this one step further. Do you have a color calibrated monitor? Did you soft proof your images using EZP icc profile? Are you sending your image files in using the correct color space and file format? Have you had test prints done to evaluate how close the print is to the image on your monitor?

If you have not done any of these things it is very possible that the redone batch of prints could be too dark, too light, color could be off, contrast could be too high or too low.

Sam
  • Options
    Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2012
    Sam wrote: »
    I really shouldn't be surprised at posts like these, but I am.

I get that your unhappy, most people would be receiving damaged prints, but trying to blame everyone else is not realistic or productive.

It isn't EZP's fault that that you waited until the last minute to order. It's not their fault your short of money. It's not their fault that on Dec 20, you are venting on a photo forum instead of contacting them immediately to provide the maximum time for them to rectify the situation. It's not SmugMug's fault that their research and experience has been positive, and that they passed along that info. It's not SmugMug's fault you ordered direct and therefor can not directly assist you with EZP.

If the prints are as you describe that would be EZP's fault. I assure you they will do everything possible to fix it. All businesses screw up now and again. Don't judge them by one error, judge them by how they react to the error.

Stop trying to blame everyone on the planet. Life happens.

Now to take this one step further. Do you have a color calibrated monitor? Did you soft proof your images using EZP icc profile? Are you sending your image files in using the correct color space and file format? Have you had test prints done to evaluate how close the print is to the image on your monitor?

If you have not done any of these things it is very possible that the redone batch of prints could be too dark, too light, color could be off, contrast could be too high or too low.

Sam
    clap.gif
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
  • Options
    edited December 21, 2012
    Mike J wrote: »
    clap.gif

Ditto. Great post, Sam!
  • Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2012
    For what it's worth...I just ordered/received some "save the date" magnets that turned out just beautiful. I didn't pay for rush (since I didn't need it), but still received them within a week. The quality is top-notch. I am sure your experience is not the norm, and I am also sure that ezp will fix the problem.

Sherry