Options

Mirror, Mirror with Kay

BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
edited December 28, 2012 in People
I think she answers the question about the fairest of them all quite nicely.

Click the first image for her entire studio shoot.

p1351683154-4.jpg

p1351683248-4.jpg

p1351683202-4.jpg

p1351696502-4.jpg

5. some Glam treatment in PP
p1351683266-4.jpg

p1351683308-4.jpg
Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen

Comments

• Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2012
    These are quite good but one huge issue and it amazes me how many people don't it but CLEAN THE DAMN MIRROR!

How many self-portraits do I see on Facebook where the person's mirror is filthy and they got crap (dirty clothes, bottles, etc.) laying all over the place in plain view of the photo. Huge pet peeve of mine and I'm kind of beating you up about it but these shots really suffer because the mirror is not clean. Especially #2 which is the best shot of the bunch, IMO.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2012
    Laughing.gif, of course you're right Cuban. I did this set again with a different model and we used half a bottle of Windex so you might like that set with Ann Marie. It will go up next week,
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
  • Options
    novicesnappernovicesnapper Registered Users Posts: 445 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2012
    Dude, you have quite a number of great images in that set, I looked thru the port, and very nice. Oh and that couch and mirror, I LOVE them!!!!!
    There's other images that really stand out to me as well. When you get a chance, take a full shot of that mirror, you may use it for PS layering later on. I can think of several scanerios right off the bat. Mirror shots are on my bucket list lol.
    #18, 19, 53 and 62, niceeee! There's others, but those super sexy imo.
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2012
    Thanks Novice.

WOW eek7.gif somebody actually clicks through to the Gallery?? Great stuff cause I ALWAYS pick the "wrong" frames to show. Laughing.gif
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2012
    You betcha lol, always. I have you're site bookmarked, to check on you and maybe learn something along with you. Haha, post those I pointed out and see what happens lol. If you need the image numbers let me know, I just went with the image place number.

There's one in there where she is about 8 feet in front of the mirror, I had to tear my eyes from that one, they kept going in and back lol. Very cool.
  • Options
    TinstaflTinstafl Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2012
    I look at all of the site as well. You have some killer images in there.
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2012
    Thanks again Novice. I'm trying to cut down on postings for a bit to avoid overuse on the site. Still, maybe I'll post your suggestions in this thread.

Thanks Tin. Appreciate it.
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2012
    Bilsen wrote: »
    Thanks again Novice. I'm trying to cut down on postings for a bit to avoid overuse on the site. Still, maybe I'll post your suggestions in this thread.

Thanks Tin. Appreciate it.

Overuse on what site? I hope you don't mean here.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2012
    Don't worry about the bandwidth here. That's what the sponsors are for. Just post em up. She's in panties, no bits showing. By the way, half way through the shoot, the mirror looks like it was cleaned to me lol. I looked.
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2012
    Oh I'm not worried about bandwidth Snapper. Just overexposure by posting too many sets here (or anywhere really). I've been pretty busy lately so I have a fair number of looks backed up. If I dumped them all at once I'd have 10 threads up and that's not really fair, plus people start ignoring them.

Alex, BY NO MEANS am I pulling out of here, just spacing things out a bit.
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2012
    OK because I was about to send my Cuban guido cousins out in NY to "encourage" you to post more.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2012
    HEy Alex, nod fuh nuddin but you'se tawkin to a New Yawk eyetalian. I grew up on de Avenoo wid guise named Fungo and the Cidge.
    You really tink we get all bent over some cuccine from down dere??

rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gifrofl
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2012
    Laughing.gif. I'm sure living in NY, you've probably met a Cuban or two. About the only threat we typically pose is that we'll talk you to death but not before we blow your ear drums out with the fact that we yell when we talk.

Funny story... the first time my wife met my family was at my parents over dinner. My whole family was there. My wife didn't understand a word of Spanish back then. When we left, I could tell she was a little upset. I asked what was wrong and she said that she feels bad that my family was upset with me for bringing her over. I didn't understand what the heck she was talking about and then she explained how we all kept yelling at each other in Spanish. HAHAHA. She later realized it's how Cubans talk to each other.

My nephew's new GF had the same impression. So funny.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2012
    I have a Dominican daughter in law (who I love to death) and you may know another Dominican friend/ model of mine named Cyndi. The more I talk to them, the more I realize how close the Latin culture is to my Italian roots.

One of the closest links is that all gatherings of Il Famiglia/ la familia are conducted at top volume at all times. Laughing.gif

Of course we are teaching my in-laws that lasagna beats rice and beans ( and they're all gaining weight Laughing.gif) but other than that we could exchange family members with little noticeable difference.
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2012
    I think you're right about that Jilsen. BTW, that's what I'm calling you now. Jilsen. Cross between John and Bilsen.

I've known Italians and the similarities are crazy. Same with Greeks.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2012
    Jilsen huh? Kinda sounds like some tropical disease on a bad soap opera, like " i'm sorry ma'am but your husband has Jilsen Syndrome". rolleyes1.gif

As far as Italians and Greeks, that one is easy. Same Mediterranean and the Romans were famous for adopting existing ideas and improving them. Kind of an early Apple. Think of Julius Jobs. Laughing.gif
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2012
    Love the folder of shots, great stuff. The first shot of her just captures my eye. Her face is so classic and hate to say this but I think I like her more with her clothes on.
  • Options
    edited December 28, 2012
    Thanks Hack.

For the most part I agree about the clothes on thing with most models. Kay is so gorgeous I never really get past her face anyway.

Funny part is I almost always leave wardrobe to them (Diva rips me about this periodically) but I get asked for lingerie shoots or even boudoir sets (which I will do with models I already know but never post in Bilsen Galleries). Remember my semi famous line "I'll shoot you in a trash bag"? Just go back a few weeks and see Layla call my bluff.mwink.gif