Options

Paul C Buff Cyber Commander

dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
edited December 27, 2012 in Accessories
Does anyone that uses Alien Bees or Einsteins use the Cyber Commander as a trigger? Just wondering what your experience has been if you use it.

Comments

• Options
    kurtwkurtw Registered Users Posts: 100 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2012
    dlscott56 wrote: »
    Does anyone that uses Alien Bees or Einsteins use the Cyber Commander as a trigger? Just wondering what your experience has been if you use it.

I have a CC for use with Einsteins. I also have a CST for backup and which I sometimes use as a trigger while keeping the CC in my pocket to make hand-held light adjustments or meter readings. What kind of info do you need?

I've found that it works great for me.

The good:
    * Works as advertised and this is really great. If you've got compatible lights, it's a great system.
    * It will also trigger Speedlights but of course without the power adjustments. I often use speedlights with CSRBs in the system.
    * The light meter works well enough to get me within a 1/3 stop where I will chimp to fine tune ratios.

The bad:
    * The biggest annoyance is that the ratcheting swivel at the base doesn't stay in the position I want it very well. That's a minor cosmetic issue.
    * I did drop it once and broke one of the plastic buttons off. It was fixed quickly and under warranty.
  • Options
    edited December 24, 2012
    Thanks Kurt. That's exactly the kind of info I was looking for. I have been looking at the Alien Bees and/or Einsteins for quite a while now and was curious about the CC.
  • Options
    Pyro1Pyro1 Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited December 27, 2012
    I use the Cyber Commander with my Einsteins, usually keep it around my neck on a strap. Just use Cyber trigger on my camera.
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2012
    Pyro1 wrote: »
    I use the Cyber Commander with my Einsteins, usually keep it around my neck on a strap. Just use Cyber trigger on my camera.

I was wondering about that as well since it has a meter on it. Not a bad idea and the cyber trigger is not really that expensive. Thanks.