Options

More processing practice

Bend The LightBend The Light Registered Users Posts: 1,887 Major grins
edited January 3, 2013 in Go Figure
Just messing with some more processing with Portrait Professional, so I am re-working a few of K's pictures. Any thoughts would be nice. I have changed some of the SHAPE of her face amongst other things, so although i thought she was fine before, I would like thoughts on how the changes look, whether they look too much, or there could be more. :)

Before and After 1:
8295917009_4c6b9977da_c.jpg
cdm k6 by CTS.Studio1, on Flickr

8296966230_b578cb8d2c_c.jpg
cdm k6_pp by CTS.Studio1, on Flickr

Before and After 2:
8295968165_d832fe1408_c.jpg
24-8-2012 K7 by CTS.Studio1, on Flickr
8295969045_b10fb1fddc_c.jpg
24-8-2012 K7_pp by CTS.Studio1, on Flickr

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2012
    In all honesty, I like the befores much better than the afters. The new edits are way overdone. Your original edits have just enough retouching where she retains skin texture. This is especially so in the second shot. She's got great freckles and they are almost completely gone in the new edit. Also, looks like PP removed a lot of the shadows on her face and it makes for very flat lighting and she almost loses her nose in both shots.

The first versions are great. Not sure if you need to do anything else with them.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited December 24, 2012
    In all honesty, I like the befores much better than the afters. The new edits are way overdone. Your original edits have just enough retouching where she retains skin texture. This is especially so in the second shot. She's got great freckles and they are almost completely gone in the new edit. Also, looks like PP removed a lot of the shadows on her face and it makes for very flat lighting and she almost loses her nose in both shots.

The first versions are great. Not sure if you need to do anything else with them.

You are correct in all you say. I knew the originals were better really, but was just playing and "testing" the software. And added to that, the originals had already been processed and then processed again under the new software...double processed and that's why everything went bad...I see that now.

Will be practicing some more with RAW images before any other PP.

Cheers
  • Options
    jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2013
    The key with Portrait Professional is getting control of the changes. It is a great tool, but playing around with the sliders is a must.
  • Options
    edited January 3, 2013
    jonh68 wrote: »
    The key with Portrait Professional is getting control of the changes. It is a great tool, but playing around with the sliders is a must.

yes, which is my plan of action. :)

Cheers