B+W 10 Stop ND has arrived. Any good info sources before I start draining batteries?

superduckzsuperduckz Registered Users Posts: 377 Major grins
edited January 6, 2013 in Technique
Time to tighten up the tripod! Just got word it was delivered and I'm pumped to get home and start experimenting this weekend. I've read enough about them that I know I want one! I've read a lot of the basics but as usual, I also don't know what I don't know. Are there any good links / threads /pages that someone could steer me towards that might set me more solidly on an intelligent path towards experimentation and off to a decent start?

Anything at all that the big search engines might have passed over would be much appreciated!

Thanks all!
Accidents and Inspiration
One of these days I'll have to figure out what my "style" is..

Comments

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited January 4, 2013
    Wind is not your friend. You can get several different 'looks' depending on shutter speed. Try several with flowing water and you'll see what I mean.

Have fun and enjoy the new ND filter!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • novicesnappernovicesnapper Registered Users Posts: 445 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2013
    Very nice! Here's a pretty good article on what to expect and what can be achieved with one. Looking forward to some of the images!
    http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/neutral-density-filters.htm
  • superduckzsuperduckz Registered Users Posts: 377 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2013
    Wind REALLY is NOT your friend! I ended up tightening everything down very snugly and anchoring with my camera bag on the hook. I also lost a few shots from light getting through the viewfinder. Yeah I know. Dumb rookie mistake... But oh my this IS fun! Best $50 I've spent on this craft yet! Still getting the hang of the settings. There's really little choice but to go with trial and error but the possibilities are readily apparent! Thanks for the links!

p1366364838-5.jpg

p1366375928-5.jpg
    Accidents and Inspiration
    One of these days I'll have to figure out what my "style" is..