Options

Are Bay prints on sale via SM?

smurfysmurfy Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
edited January 12, 2013 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I received an e mail the other day from Bay Photo that they are having 40% off their big prints-

Taking advantage of labs' sale prices was one of the primary reasons mentioned for the pricelists changes back in 2010, so I was wondering what is the status of that goal? Can we take advantage of that sale this month through SM?

Comments

• Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited January 9, 2013
    Hi Smurfy,
    We're sorry. Currently, there's no way for our cart to be able to take advantage of sales like this. Similar to products the labs sell, that aren't in our catalog. There's no way to purchase these through Smugmug.

The main reasons for moving to pricelists were ""Pros have told us that doing gallery-by-gallery pricing wasn’t working out so well once they had lots of galleries to manage. Our goal was to make it super-simple and super-fast for all Pros to easily price their stuff and get photos sold. The new look is clean and modern, and this renovation makes it easier for us to add shiny new features down the road… like new products and foreign currency support. (*hint, hint*)" Per Baldy's post of 13 months ago here

You can add your suggestion/voice here

Cavig
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    smurfysmurfy Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2013
    Actually, this was something discussed extensively by SM reps in this thread: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=211563&highlight=pricelists&page=4

Also posted Dec 16, 2011 by Baldy:

""To answer your questions, less than a quarter of our pros are international, but our sense is the majority of pros want to opt in to sales at the labs when they have them and protect their profits, but like you they want an easy way to hit psychological price points. We had thought the rounding tool was the answer, but if it's not working for you, maybe we need to think of something else. "

Posted on the same date by the same person in a different response :
    "The other thing I'm not clear about is whether participating in lab sales is interesting to you. It's the idea that when a lab discounts prints for a special promotion, if you price by profit, you'll be able to auto opt in to their promotions. This has long been a request from what we thought were the majority of both U.S. and foreign pros."
  • Options
    RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2013
    When sales like this happen with Bay, I use Bay ROES. I also use ROES quite a bit for things ( like license plates and iPad covers) that aren't available in the Smugmug Bay catalog.
    A few Nikon bodies and some fast Nikon glass

www.richknechtphotography.com