I really like that one, Michael.......clap.gifclapclap.gif

:D Thanks very much for saying Gary. We appreciate that :D
    Michael
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2013
    Dogdots wrote: »
    I too really like this one. The red is awesome thumb.gif

Hey Mary Kim :D Very pleased your liking the result here. Thanks for sharing that with me :D
    I hear ya about that red. As I was digging through some old auto show images there it was sporting some potential if I could get the red right or at least close there might be a decent result despite the issues that left it dusty all this time.
    I think we will do a print and turn it in for grading. Maybe the other aces from places will like it as much as you guys headscratch.gif
    Michael
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2013
    DaddyO wrote: »
    Hey Mary Kim :D Very pleased your liking the result here. Thanks for sharing that with me :D
    I hear ya about that red. As I was digging through some old auto show images there it was sporting some potential if I could get the red right or at least close there might be a decent result despite the issues that left it dusty all this time.
    I think we will do a print and turn it in for grading. Maybe the other aces from places will like it as much as you guys headscratch.gif

I do love red :D This is the best looking red I've seen. If you do print it let us know if it printed as well as it shows on the computer.
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2013
    Got yourself a real winner here, buddy. You should be rightfully proud.thumb.gif

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2013
    Dogdots wrote: »
    I do love red :D This is the best looking red I've seen. If you do print it let us know if it printed as well as it shows on the computer.
    Mary K, I will let you all know how the print goes. It would be super if I could actually get that exact red and its transitions but I feel it will not happen. When I use ctrl+shift+Y (gamut chk) the whole flipping images shows grey (98%) for out of gamut which tells me I will only get a close unknown red for final value. I will do a 12x18 just cause I have never done one and if it turns out acceptable I can share the print with no changes or reprints. Its just no fair I can not get an exact print of what I see from this pro calibrated screen and printer profile conversion. Makes me want to use the suggested printer profile as I will and also do a print with a conversion from ProPhoto to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 to look for color / other differences that may show up.

The best looking red you've seen? Really? headscratch.gifD
    Michael
  • Options
    edited January 26, 2013
    Got yourself a real winner here, buddy. You should be rightfully proud.thumb.gif

Tom
    Most kind Tom :D Thanks for saying. I am very happy this result is hitting a nice cord which makes every
    minute of the effort worth it.
    Michael
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2013
    DaddyO wrote: »
    The best looking red you've seen? Really? headscratch.gifD

Yep thumb.gif