Rose

The BarbarianThe Barbarian Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
edited February 3, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
8431044509_f771002e87_c.jpg

Comments

• Options
    work2fishwork2fish Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited January 31, 2013
    Very nice capture. What did you do for the lighting?
  • Options
    billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2013
    Wow. Understated title, understated image. Amazing processing and powerful impact. I really like this!

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2013
    Nice capture! something bugs me, but I can't put my finger on it, perhaps the texture of the background. If it had less texture or grain, the texture of the rose would stand out more. The opposite could be true too, a coarse piece of wood as a background? headscratch.gif
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2013
    Juano wrote: »
    Nice capture! something bugs me, but I can't put my finger on it, perhaps the texture of the background. If it had less texture or grain, the texture of the rose would stand out more. The opposite could be true too, a coarse piece of wood as a background? headscratch.gif

15524779-Ti.gif The rose is well done, but that's my impression of the background also.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    GregFountainGregFountain Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited February 1, 2013
    This is a really nice shot. Perhaps cloning out some of the dust would smooth out the table top.....that said, I dig the treatment you used!

Greg
  • Options
    The BarbarianThe Barbarian Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited February 3, 2013
    I just laid the rose on the board, grabbed a lamp and brought it over, and took a few shots. Very unplanned. The HDR processing makes the dust more noticeable.

Here's one I did with a function that takes multiple images at different exposures and then sandwiches them:
    8443354052_311a769734_z.jpg