Options

Bird Wars

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited February 10, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
" Hey photographer, look at those damn pelicans over there....cliquish bunch of thugs, ain't they? "

Fernandina%202-3-13%20008-X2.jpg

" Crap....they heard me. Better get gone. "

Fernandina%202-3-13%20013-X2.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,419 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2013
    I love these, and your captions made me laugh!
  • Options
    EphTwoEightEphTwoEight Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2013
    :D Cool!
  • Options
    edited February 4, 2013
    moose135 wrote: »
    I love these, and your captions made me laugh!

Hi John,

The way this played out just struck my imagination. The white bird had no sooner stated his opinion about the pelicans, when this bunch of five came storming in from the right. They quickly proceeded to the exact same spot the white bird had been....prior to his hasty retreat. Two of the pelicans can be seen performing the famous " Pelican Stomp ", a pre-combat ritual they're known for.

Take care buddy,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited February 4, 2013
    :D Cool!

Thanks for the visit. After witnessing this episode, I fled back to Fernandina's infamous Palace Saloon to steel myself up for whatever else the day was going to throw my way.

Tom
  • Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2013
    Good ones, Tom! They made me smile.
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2013
    Thanks for the visit. After witnessing this episode, I fled back to Fernandina's infamous Palace Saloon to steel myself up for whatever else the day was going to throw my way.

Tom

Are you sure you went to the Saloon *after* you started hearing the birds talking? rolleyes1.gif
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    edited February 4, 2013
    Cornflake wrote: »
    Good ones, Tom! They made me smile.

Thanks for looking in, Don. I apprecaite it.

Tom
  • Options
    edited February 4, 2013
    Earache wrote: »
    Are you sure you went to the Saloon *after* you started hearing the birds talking? rolleyes1.gif

If you read carefully, Eric, I said that I " fled back " to the saloon. Inferring, of course, that I had been there earlier on. I've found that a little saloon time is called for when one is out to converse with the animals.:D
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2013
    Very thoughtfully captured my friend. thumb.gif Leaves me chuckling shuffling both pictures and filling in bird thoughts lol3.gif Beautiful day to be on the water.
    Michael
  • Options
    edited February 5, 2013
    DaddyO wrote: »
    Very thoughtfully captured my friend. thumb.gif Leaves me chuckling shuffling both pictures and filling in bird thoughts lol3.gif Beautiful day to be on the water.

Yo Michael,

It's sure great to hear from you, buddy. A friend had called...just had some major work done on his 42' sport fisherman and wanted to take it on a " shakedown " cruise. I volunteered to cover the gas cost...damn mistake, won't open my big mouth again. :whew
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2013
    Yo Michael,

It's sure great to hear from you, buddy. A friend had called...just had some major work done on his 42' sport fisherman and wanted to take it on a " shakedown " cruise. I volunteered to cover the gas cost...damn mistake, won't open my big mouth again. :whew
    rolleyes1.gifIs that the vessel with 2 staterooms an open bar and a 600 gallon fuel cell? headscratch.gif
    Little cheaper to stock the bar maybe. thumb.gif
    Michael
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2013
    If you read carefully, Eric, I said that I " fled back " to the saloon. Inferring, of course, that I had been there earlier on. I've found that a little saloon time is called for when one is out to converse with the animals.:D

Ah! it's all starting to make sense... Fun thread!
  • Options
    edited February 6, 2013
    Juano wrote: »
    Ah! it's all starting to make sense... Fun thread!

Well, I'm telling you Cristobal, this day got out of hand on me in a hurry. Here I am....just shuffling around the waterfront in Fernandina, waiting on my buddy and his boat to show up. Next thing I know, this scraggly character has put the hook to me, drug me inside the Palace, and demanded that we share some grog. I didn't mind his one good eye boring a hole through me but the other one that danced around like a wounded butterfly flat unnerved me.

If you've never had real grog you might not appreciate it's true powers. Communing with nature just comes easy when you're properly fortified. :slurp

Fernandina%202-3-13%20026-X2.jpg
  • Options
    superduckzsuperduckz Registered Users Posts: 377 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2013
    This thread has given me an itch for a short roadtrip. I do SO Love the Palace Saloon and it's been WAY too long! I think it's time for a visit this Saturday!
    Accidents and Inspiration
    One of these days I'll have to figure out what my "style" is..
  • Options
    edited February 7, 2013
    superduckz wrote: »
    This thread has given me an itch for a short roadtrip. I do SO Love the Palace Saloon and it's been WAY too long! I think it's time for a visit this Saturday!

Well, Steve, I sure can't fault your thinking. I've been slithering in and out of that place for 50 years. And it was there a long, long time before I fell under its spell.

Tom
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2013
    Needed a laugh today--good stuff, Tom!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2013
    redleash wrote: »
    Needed a laugh today--good stuff, Tom!

Thanks, Lauren, I'm glad you got a laugh out of this. Sometimes, my imagination runs wild.

Take care,

Tom