Options

Printer suggestions for iPad

LRussoPhotoLRussoPhoto Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
edited February 12, 2013 in Digital Darkroom
Looking for an in expensive all in one printer for printing off an iPad. From the little research ive done seems like they are referred to as air printers. Not looking for anything fancy. I would like to keep the price under $175. Any suggestions?
D300s D90
Nikon 18-105mm,Nikon 18-200mm,Sigma 24-70mm f2.8, Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8

http://LouRusso.SmugMug.com

Comments

• Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2013
    I have been happy with my Brother MFC-835. Its wireless, and works over Airprint just fine. Its a decent printer, as they pretty much all are these days. Its no dedicated photo printer, but I didn't buy it to print photos. It uses separate ink wells for CMYK, with a larger one for K (Black). They are the best engineered ink wells I have used, for what its worth. The printer also features a basic auto sheet feeder, and it can print double sided. Another nice feature is that it will also scan wirelessly to a Mac or PC, which is cool.

It says it can scan to the web, Evernote, etc, but this requires the use of an email address that does not have encryption, so basically, this doesn't work. But scanning to the Mac wirelessly wil automatically send an email or Evernote document directly, so no harm, no foul.

Highly recommended as a nice home all in one.

If you have a Mac, I can also recommend Printopia, an app that turns any printer on your Mac into an Airprint printer. Works well, so any printer on the network or attached to the Mac is accessible to your iPad.

If you need a new printer, can't go wrong with the Brother, but if you just want Airprint, give Printopia a go with your current printer, see how if works for you.
  • Options
    aj986saj986s Registered Users Posts: 1,100 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2013
    If you otherwise have an available shared printer on your network, PrinterPro is a nice little app, cost under $10, that allows you to print from your iPad when you're connected to the network, wifi or otherwise.
    Tony P.
    Canon 50D, 30D and Digital Rebel (plus some old friends - FTB and AE1)
    Long-time amateur.....wishing for more time to play
    Autocross and Track junkie
    tonyp.smugmug.com
  • Options
    LRussoPhotoLRussoPhoto Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2013
    aj, thank you for that printer pro info, installed it and it works great......thanks again!!!!!!
    D300s D90
    Nikon 18-105mm,Nikon 18-200mm,Sigma 24-70mm f2.8, Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8

http://LouRusso.SmugMug.com