Options

hompage doesn't show in IE

joachimjoachim Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
edited October 23, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Hi there,

just finished some CSS touch-ups and now found that my page no longer loads when using Internet Explorer!!:scratch

The page loads without problems in Mozilla.

Could somebody please try loading my page in IE and let me know if it shows? I tried 2 different machines. This is the address: www.jlayesphotography.com

Category pages show (like www.jlayesphotography.com/Asia), but not the homepage.

Has it to do with the background images?

Any help is much appreciated here. THanks, as always.
joachim

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2005
    joachim wrote:
    Hi there,

just finished some CSS touch-ups and now found that my page no longer loads when using Internet Explorer!!headscratch.gif

Could somebody please try loading my page in IE and let me know if it shows? I tried 2 different machines. This is the address: www.jlayesphotography.com

Category pages show (like www.jlayesphotography.com/Asia), but not the homepage.

joachim

someone with a pc and i.e. will help you i'm sure.

wanted to report that the page shows up fine in safari, firefox, and flock browsers.

imo, the keywords overlaying the image is a bit distracting...you might consider suppressing keywords display on your homepage.
  • Options
    CameronCameron Registered Users Posts: 745 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2005
    Your site loads up just fine in IE and Firefox and looks essentially the same. I don't know if you have changed anything since you tried it, but it seems to be fine at the moment.
  • Options
    joffunjoffun Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited October 23, 2005
    joachim wrote:
    Hi there,

just finished some CSS touch-ups and now found that my page no longer loads when using Internet Explorer!!headscratch.gif

joachim
    Hi - it shows up in IE6 but there is a large black space (almost a whole page worth) between your header logo & your bio & galleries further down - so something isn't right. I have looked at it in Firefox & it all looks ok - so it must be an IE thing.

Hope this helps
  • Options
    NikonGirlNikonGirl Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2005
    When I view your page in Firefox, it looks fine. But when I view your site using Internet Explorer, all I see is the header. The rest of the page is black.
  • Options
    flyingdutchieflyingdutchie Registered Users Posts: 1,286 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2005
    joachim wrote:
    Hi there,

joachim
    This CSS selector in your cobranding is the culprit:
    .homepage #BKGimages {
    position:relative;
    min-height:92%;
    _height:92%;
    }

You made the BKGimages (between logo and nav-bar) 92% of your body's height (_height: 92%)! This messes up your page.
    Remove the _height property:
    .homepage #BKGimages {
    position:relative;
    min-height:92%;
    }

This'll fix it.
    (BTW: removing this selector all together works fine too!)
    -- Anton.
    I can't grasp the notion of time.

When I hear the earth will melt into the sun,
    in two billion years,
    all I can think is:
        "Will that be on a Monday?"
    ==========================
    http://www.streetsofboston.com
    http://blog.antonspaans.com
  • Options
    joachimjoachim Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited October 23, 2005
    Thank you Andy
    joachim
    andy wrote:
    someone with a pc and i.e. will help you i'm sure.

wanted to report that the page shows up fine in safari, firefox, and flock browsers.

imo, the keywords overlaying the image is a bit distracting...you might consider suppressing keywords display on your homepage.