Options

Searching for this is not possible...

CrewdCrewd Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
edited February 12, 2013 in Dgrin Forum Support
So um... I've been doing some research to improve my technique in a certain area of photography. I of course have arrived here at dgrin to further said research with the following query entered into the search box:

"shooting fat people"

To which the forums responded:

"The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search: fat"

It then proceeded to return a list of results that had absolutely everything to do with "shooting people" and yet absolutely nothing to do with what I was looking for... *slow clap*

I propose two possible solutions -- both of which would be acceptible to me.

1. Fix the search to allow for searches including the word "fat".

2. Change the error message to read, "The following words are either very common, too long, too short, or to heavy and were not included in your search: fat"

That is all. :thumb

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,182 moderator
    edited February 12, 2013
    Unfortunately, you have run into a limitation of vBulletin search, the three letter bug. You have a couple other options. One would be to use other words, such as "heavy," or try custom Google search.

Choose More > Advanced Search. The top most text box is the DGrin Google search, which does allow a three letter word to be searched. I have tried this and it returned several threads.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky