Facebook: Like Me || Twitter: Follow Me
    Gear: Lots of Nikon bodies & glass, an office full of tools and toys
  • Options
    FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2012
  • Options
    rexbobcatrexbobcat Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited June 7, 2012
    Did you manipulate the DoF in post? It looks strange, almost like it's tilt-shift.

I like it either way. It's just confusing me lol
  • Options
    GRodGRod Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited June 11, 2012
    Very cool and creative image. Congrats!
  • Options
    sphyngesphynge Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 172
    edited June 11, 2012
    Amazing composition, great lighting. If I were to nitpick I'd say the bride's face is in the shadow, so if you have another shot where her face is lit and they're both looking into the distance I think you'd have THE shot :)
    One more question: it looks like you might have tilt-shifted in post-production. Is there a reason why the post & white line in front are in focus? You might want to blur that out as well so the eye goes to the couple without distractions?
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2012
    sphynge wrote: »
    Amazing composition, great lighting. If I were to nitpick I'd say the bride's face is in the shadow, so if you have another shot where her face is lit and they're both looking into the distance I think you'd have THE shot :)
    One more question: it looks like you might have tilt-shifted in post-production. Is there a reason why the post & white line in front are in focus? You might want to blur that out as well so the eye goes to the couple without distractions?

From the look of the image and others in their portfolio, it is indeed a real TSE / PCE lens.

I found it to be kinda cool that your eye wanders around the frame looking at what else is in focus; the sunlight was more than enough to place emphasis on the couple when first viewing the image for me...

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    Bryans12vBryans12v Registered Users Posts: 362 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2012
    Have always been a big fan of your work. I follow you on fb as well.
  • Options
    haringharing Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2012
  • Options
    edited October 13, 2012
    Bryans12v wrote: »
    Have always been a big fan of your work. I follow you on fb as well.

It is an honor!
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2012
  • Options
    coolpinskycoolpinsky Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2012
    very nice - just blurring is confusing. Generally I dont like PhotoShop blurring - I mean blurring here is kinda messy ...
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2013
    coolpinsky wrote: »
    very nice - just blurring is confusing. Generally I dont like PhotoShop blurring - I mean blurring here is kinda messy ...
    Thanksfor your input! This is the way I improve my photography and help others to improve their photography! Thanks!
  • Options
    TomHarmonTomHarmon Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited January 31, 2013
    Great shot. I don't know if the tilt shift helps the photo, but the composition is great.
  • Options
    karloznzkarloznz Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2013
    Hi - Not sure I so keen on the image myself. Finding it a bit frustrating to look at my eyes seem to dart around the image and not really knowing where to look .
    Carl Lea Wedding and event photographer - Wellington - Web Site
  • Options
    PhotogbikerPhotogbiker Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2013
    This is a great shot that I think the photogs will try to deconstruct, but all the 'normal' people out there will love it. My eye keeps going to the in focus rope up front. I agree with Matt that the bright light makes the focus on the couple and hence my conclusion--the photogs will discuss t/s lenses and everyone else will say "wow, I want to buy it/hire you". thumb.gif