Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,797 moderator
    edited February 10, 2013
  • Options
    yooperdooperyooperdooper Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2013
    sound
    i dont have any speakers.do you know of any non-video tutorials?
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2013
    http://bit.ly/YRDF60

^^ This little animation shows how to use Google search engine, disregarding videos (using the boolean operator 'minus sign').
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    OverfocusedOverfocused Registered Users Posts: 1,068 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2013
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    http://bit.ly/YRDF60

^^ This little animation shows how to use Google search engine, disregarding videos (using the boolean operator 'minus sign').

Laughing.gifthumb.gif
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2013
    adding watermark to photos in photoshop
    thanks.i dont mean to be giving you the runaround.the watermark i have was made by someone else-i dont have the technical nohow to make one.the tutorials dont tell me how to add a watermark to a photo only how to make a watermark.thanks
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2013
    thanks.i dont mean to be giving you the runaround.the watermark i have was made by someone else-i dont have the technical nohow to make one.the tutorials dont tell me how to add a watermark to a photo only how to make a watermark.thanks

Is this a true "watermark" image? That is, did the graphic artist understand that this was to be used as a watermark?

If yes:
    What format is the image file for the watermark?

What dimensional size is the image file for the watermark?

Does the watermark file have either transparency or clipping paths? (Or, are either of those properties required?)

What dimensional size are the image files that you want to overlay the watermark with?

Are they all either landscape or all portrait orientation?

Where on the image do you want to place the watermark? (Be specific. Lower-left, bottom-centered, etc.)

How transparent do you want the watermark to be?

If no, everything gets complicated. In this case (and if required), go back to the graphic artist and ask for a version with either transparency (preferred and typically an alpha layer) or clipping paths.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2013
    i cant answer your questions because i did not make the watermark and i dont know how to find the properties
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2013
    watermarks
    1)jpg 2)740x401 36kb 3)transparency 4)768x500 5)mostly-nearly all landscape 6)centered 7)transparent
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2013
    watermak
    yes the artist knew my intended use
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2013
    This question is a little more complex than it might appear. It is a kin to asking, how do I take a good picture. There are lots of conditional variables. I found a quick tutorial at http://www.developertutorials.com/tutorials/photoshop/making-your-own-watermark-with-photoshop-8-03-07-918/ that is text based.

The basic concept is that your watermark needs to have transparent sections, and you can place it on a layer in Photoshop over the image you want to mark. So based on the information the challenge that I see is that a JPEG format image does not have transparent areas in it. You are going to have to either define areas to be transparent, such as deleting areas when the image is on a transparent layer in Photoshop or use the watermark by changing its Alpha or transparency value on a layer.

So the steps I would see are the following:

Open the image you want to place the watermark in Photoshop
    Create a new layer in photoshop
    Place your watermark image on that new layer
    Adjust the transparency either through using the layer processing or by having transparent areas
    Save the image as a JPG or your preferred image format.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2013
    watermarking
    thanks i will give it a try
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2013
    watermarking
    can i apply the watermark to multiple photos at once?i have elements10 and windows 7
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2013
    watermarks!
    how do i place the watermark image on the new layer?how do i adjust the transparency?
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2013
    please help me finsih!
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2013
    Hi - I feel your frustration, but the lack of answers may be because the people willing to help know how to do all of these things in Photoshop but not in Photoshop Elements ... which is my situation.

In Photoshop, I have an action that automatically adds my watermark to all the photos in a folder.
    The problem is, you can't create an action in PS Elements. The good news is PS Elements CAN use and run actions made in Photoshop ... BUT ONLY IF THEY HAVE BEEN WRITTEN FOR THE COMMANDS IN PS Elements.
    That's why I can't help you with this part - I have not even seen PS Elements for years and years.

To add a watermark image (and I am assuming the file is a .png file) open up the watermark image, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy ... then go to the file you want to add the watermark to - make sure it is active and then Ctrl-V to paste it in. It should create the watermark in its own layer. (Again, I know that works in Photoshop - don't know about Elements. I'm assuming Elements has a Layers palette - look on the right hand side. If its not there go up to the menu bar "Windows" > "Layers".
    Once you can see the layers palette, make the watermark layer active by selecting it, then look in the top right corner of the Layers palette. Hopefully you will see an "Opacity" value (100%) and a "Fill" value (100%). To reduce the opacity of the watermark layer, adjust the "Opacity" value to suit.

I found a stack of videos on YouTube by searching for "creating a watermark in Photoshop" Elements.
    Perhaps you will find exactly what you are looking for.

As I said, I just don't know Elements at all. Good luck.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2013
    watermarks
    thanks
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2013
    i followed your insructions pretty good and i think it would work except that the watermark image does not seem to be transparent.when i lay it over the photo it is solid white.i made the watermark a second time to be sure that it was set on transparent. thanks
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2013
    Hope this works in Elements ....
    Open up your watermark image file. Check your layers palette - you hopefully will find that there is a background layer (solid colour) and another layer that has your actual watermark. What you need to do is ...
    (1) delete that solid coloured background layer (right click the layer and select delete from the context menu)
    (2) then save the transparent watermark layer as a .png file

When you copy and paste the .png file into your photograph, it will only be the watermark image and will not include the background.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2013
    watermarks
    there was no solid colored layer in the layers palette.there is no provision for paste but i did copy
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2013
    When you look at your watermark file is the part of the layer that is NOT text transparent?
    From your description, it sounds like the text is not surrounded by transparent pixels.
    If the text is sitting in a solid coloured layer, then it hasn't been created/saved appropriately to be used as a watermark.
    It is solvable - just another step before you can use it the way you want. If the surrounds are distinctly different colour to the watermark, then you could select it and delete the surrounds. Then save it as a .png file to preserve the transparency.
    Another option is to PM me with the file and I can have a go at doing this for you or recreate your watermark - depending on how intricate it is. thumb.gif