Options

Client Review Pattern

FreeheelvrmntFreeheelvrmnt Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
edited February 21, 2013 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi -

I've done some searching on this and haven't found a solution that seems to address what I'm trying to accomplish.

Basically, I've taken photos of a client. I've done a quick cull and have added the photos to a gallery. The gallery is unlisted, often times it will be password protected.

What's the best way for a client to indicate his/her favorites photos? Ideally, I'd love to be able to just tell them to click the thumbs up button, and then be able to sort so that the thumbs up photos float to the top. Is this possible?

I figure it's got to be a common pattern. How are other people approaching this?

Thanks.
-Ben

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2013
    Hi Ben,

That's what the event marketing feature can be used for. It allows your client to register for the event so he/she can select their favorite photos for you to see.

The thumbs up / down cannot be used for this at all and I'd recommend that you disable the 'photorank' setting in your client galleries to avoid confusion.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2013
    Interesting - so instead of setting up a regular gallery and uploading from within Lightroom, I have to create an event?
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2013
    Hi! wave.gif

You would still publish via Lightroom, as usual, to a regular gallery.

Setting up an event and adding galleries to it is the second step (an event can hold several galleries, so you can subdivide the shoot if you wish. Helpful for weddings or sport tournaments, for example).

Then you share the event url with your client. They pick favorites - those are collected behind the scenes into a new SmugMug gallery that you and the client have access to.

now, it's possible to synch your galleries to bring that favorite gallery back into Lightroom, and work on them there for final edits, creating Lightroom slideshoows or using the Blurb book building module in Lightroom!

We published a new article about events today. Hope that helps.

ann
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2013
    Ah - now I see how it works. It'll take some fiddling to figure out the best pattern for me, but it looks like it's all there. Thanks Ann and Sebastian