Mini Challenge #158 Selfies Results!

PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
edited February 21, 2013 in The Dgrin Challenges
Congrats to everyone who participated. Picking a favorite for this round was hard. I'm not very good at articulating why I like something... with that in mind, here are the results.

A Few honorable mentions...

TravelnLass... the resemblance between you at that age and my niece is really what caught my eye. Such a classic photo.

1960-0001-L.jpg
My niece...
486554_4389370054863_182397985_n.jpg

reteest42... I am inspired by your bravery in doing a boudoir shoot. Really lovely shots, but this one was my favorite for reasons I can't really explain.
attachment.php?attachmentid=37318&stc=1&d=1360939871

1st Runner Up...

Paul, I don't know how you got that effect, but I love it! Really cool!
20120812_Breakdown-L.jpg

Our Winner...
Billseye - Bananas, Absynthe, Tequila and Bill

I've been really drawn to black and white lately and I just love the contrast and the mood of this shot! So Congrats Bill!! Look Forward to seeing what you come up with for mini #159.

Self%20Portrait%20%20150-L.jpg
Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com

Comments

• TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2013
    Bananas, Absynthe, Tequila and Bill

rolleyes1.gif

Great shot too!
    Aaron Nelson
  • billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2013
    Thanks for the nod, Lisa. This was a fun challenge, especially getting to connect names and faces!

Kudos to everyone, especially HM's and Runners Up. Lot's of great stuff and an abundance of styles.

I'll be posting Mini Challenge #159 tonight. Stay tuned!
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
  • FrochFroch Registered Users Posts: 571 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2013
    Fun shot Bill!
  • billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2013
    Froch wrote: »
    Fun shot Bill!

Loved yours, too. I'm curious how you created it... by software or painstakingly by hand, or some magic combination of the two?
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited February 20, 2013
    Congrates Bill! Nice work everyone!
  • TravelnLassTravelnLass Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited February 21, 2013
    Still plunked down here in Laos (the festival was fabulous - 60+ elephant! - and I have nearly a thousand images to prove it) But just wanted to pop to see the results of the challenge.

Congrats to Bill, Paul and reteest42 - all remarkable shots. And OMG yes, Pedalgirl - the resemblance to your niece is amazing (though she looks lots cuter and not so seriously "50's"!) ;)

Now I'm off to see what mischief Bill's cooked up for our next challenge. And then to the night market here in Luang Prabang - it truly is amazing.
    "I am not the same, having seen the moon rise on the other side of the world."
    TravelnLass.com