aekonetaekonet Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited February 19, 2013
    C & C are very welcome :)

► New Kreativ-Forum ◄
    http://forum.aeko.at

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited February 19, 2013
    I like the echo of the red and the parallel between the angles of the hands and stem. But the composition doesn't really come together for me. I find myself looking up then down, but I don't manage to get it all in at once. Maybe if the clock had been lower and a bit to the right? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2013
    Maybe a shave off the bottom would improve the comp .
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2013
    Agree with Richard's points, and, with just the two elements in play, I don't see any way to improve it other than a re-shoot.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2013
    It would definitely settle down the eyeballs and help get the grey cells working at full tilt,minus the glass, and stem. Maybe!
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2013
    Many thanks for your kind and helpfull replies!

Here is another study on the same theme:

IMG_9511_small.jpg

br aekonet

► New Kreativ-Forum ◄

• Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2013
    Very nice revision - imo, a better image.
    thumb.gif
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,192 moderator
    edited February 21, 2013
    They are pleasant enough images, and technically well done. But I don't get the connection between the two subjects. Sorry - neither work for me.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2013
    Thank you for commenting
    David_S85 wrote:
    ]But I don't get the connection between the two subjects. Sorry - neither work for me.

Thats OK for me and as interpretation should always be and stay on side of the viewer, I won't help you ;-)

► New Kreativ-Forum ◄

• Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2013
    Earache wrote: »
    Very nice revision - imo, a better image.
    thumb.gif
    15524779-Ti.gif
    Whatever the end purpose of your work in this line you've been exploring, which I like ... I also find the 2nd effort to be the charmer of the 2.
    Very nice balance and proportion. I also feel the proportion aspect could easily be adjusted to suit
    a variety of potential tastes. Such as giving the glass a little more room at the bottom. moving it a tad up toward the clock, which still maintains balance as an example. :D Just saying. Am digging your creative efforts thumb.gif

For the story I see out of this ... is one suggestion, of many :D, that was handed me one day years ago. If ever I was to visit someone for a bit of an extended stay, I was to take some fresh cut flowers for the hosts in thanks and when the flowers got old and wilted I should have already been gone to other places. Perfect for mother in laws, eehhh... inlaws to practice mwink.gif When the flowers are dead its time to go. This piece reminds me of that.
    Michael
  • Options
    billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2013
    DaddyO wrote: »
    For the story I see out of this ... is one suggestion, of many :D, that was handed me one day years ago. If ever I was to visit someone for a bit of an extended stay, I was to take some fresh cut flowers for the hosts in thanks and when the flowers got old and wilted I should have already been gone to other places. Perfect for mother in laws, eehhh... inlaws to practice mwink.gif When the flowers are dead its time to go. This piece reminds me of that.

...or simply a visual reminder of the fleeting nature of beauty. I love that there's room for interpretation and individual perspective/preferences. It's an important aspect of defining art and expression.
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug