Options

Easy Sharing Acting Bizarre When applied to entire range of galleries

ndsheikndsheik Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited March 7, 2013 in Bug Reporting
Hello

My smugmug site is http://www.nazeemsheik.smugmug.com

I have 1 main gallery called "My gallery" and 9 other smart galleries created with keywords as the criteria.
I was trying to disable the "Get the link" option from all these galleries so visitors can not download my files. So I turned off the "Easy share" option as suggested on the help topics.

Now when I turn them off one all 10 galleries, my social share buttons that appear at the bottom of the image DISAPPEARS ALONGSIDE the top share button - which shouldnt be happening. I merely want the top share button to go off...as how the help topic says it would happen.

However....

When I turn on the easy share on just the main gallery "My Gallery" and leave "easy share" turned off on all the other 9 smart galleries, these 9 galleries are working perfectly fine as expected.

But that leaves the "My Gallery" gallery still vulnerable. How can I fix that? I want all 10 to have the share in the top gone and the tweet and facebook like/share buttons in the bottom to remain...

What can be done?

Please let me know

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2013
    Hi,

The easy sharing setting is directly linked with the social buttons. If you turn easy sharing and thus sharing in general off, it'll also remove the social buttons.

As for the smart galleries, they inherit certain settings from the original gallery the photo belongs to. That includes things like the social buttons, largest size, pricing and other security settings.

So all you describe is working as designed. It's not possible to disable easy sharing and still have the social buttons show. Sorry.

What you could do would be to hide the easy sharing button with advanced customizations. Take a look here for a possible way to hide the button with CSS.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    ndsheikndsheik Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited March 7, 2013
    Hi,

The easy sharing setting is directly linked with the social buttons. If you turn easy sharing and thus sharing in general off, it'll also remove the social buttons.

As for the smart galleries, they inherit certain settings from the original gallery the photo belongs to. That includes things like the social buttons, largest size, pricing and other security settings.

So all you describe is working as designed. It's not possible to disable easy sharing and still have the social buttons show. Sorry.

Thanks for the reponse rainforest1155

That is interesting though...I would try the CSS and let you know

Thanks