Options

Keywords not appearing...

56Kruiser56Kruiser Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
edited March 17, 2013 in SmugMug Support
I added keywords to some photos in a gallery. After saving, I do not see them under the photo in the keywords section. When I click on edit for the keywords under the photo, they are there. When I do a "Mysite/find" and look in the keywords listed they are not there. When I click on Edit Many, and page down to the photos, the keywords are there.

This is one of the photos that I added the keywords to.

Do they need time to propagate somewhere or something in order to show up under the photo, and in the find?

Comments

• Options
    LindyLindy Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2013
    Hi 56 Kruiser!

For some reason, the keywords did not appear in your gallery. I added quotation marks to "61 bubbletop" and saved them in the keyword edit field in your gallery, and they're all showing up, now.

It does take time for keywords to index, and I'm not sure how long you waited. We'll take a closer look, just to be sure all is well. If we have an issue, we'll get the right folks in the loop!

Lindy
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2013
    Ok. Thanks.

I of course looked almost immediately after adding them. Of course I usually do, and they are there.

Another interesting thing now. I don't think it has been this way in the past: When I do the "mysite/find" and click on one of the keywords, the gallery is displaying different. The larger (ie. selected picture) is showing at bottom of screen under the thumbnails, instead of on the right of the thumbnails. Should I open a different thread on that? I don't like that view that way.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2013
    Make sure your browser zoom is set at 100%.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2013
    I thought maybe that was the issue, and did that. At time I put that post in, it didn't appear to fix the problem. But now it's looking fine. What's interesting, is that now I cannot replicate the issue, no matter how I set the browser. Gremlins, I guess.

But back to the original topic. I added keywords to 3 more photos, over an hour ago. They too now do NOT show up when searching that key word. As before, the method I used was Tools/Multiple Photos/Keywords.

I just checked by going into Edit on the individual photo, and the keywords show, but after edit they do not, and they do not come up when I search by that keyword.

This is one of the three that are not showing the keyword. Real strange. Never had the problem in the past. Maybe some SMugmug updates causing an issue?
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2013
    56Kruiser wrote: »
    I thought maybe that was the issue, and did that. At time I put that post in, it didn't appear to fix the problem. But now it's looking fine. What's interesting, is that now I cannot replicate the issue, no matter how I set the browser. Gremlins, I guess.

But back to the original topic. I added keywords to 3 more photos, over an hour ago. They too now do NOT show up when searching that key word. As before, the method I used was Tools/Multiple Photos/Keywords.

I just checked by going into Edit on the individual photo, and the keywords show, but after edit they do not, and they do not come up when I search by that keyword.

This is one of the three that are not showing the keyword. Real strange. Never had the problem in the past. Maybe some SMugmug updates causing an issue?
    I see 3 keywords on this image, should there be more?

Comments | Info | Keywords
    loveland goodguys 61 bubbletop
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2013
    There is something screwy going on. On that picture, that you and I now both see the keywords on, I added the keywords immediately after my previous post (4:25pm), and then looked at it immediately before the next post (4:45pm). So in 20 minutes, the keywords were not visible. But after the post stating I couldn't see them, you posted at 8:31 pm that you see them.

Now, here is the interesting thing. I added kekywords to 2 other photos also, at the same time as the one discussed above, and this morning I do NOT see them.I have 10 photos in that gallery with those keywords, and see only 8 at this time.

So, I am going to include links to those 2 pictures below. It will be interesting to see if the keywords show up after that. Here they are:

Picture 1

Picture 2

So if when this post is read by someone, and the keywords are visible, the question is why are they now available
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited March 9, 2013
    Now, here is the interesting thing. I added kekywords to 2 other photos also, at the same time as the one discussed above, and this morning I do NOT see them.I have 10 photos in that gallery with those keywords, and see only 8 at this time.
    There appears to be something very wrong with keywording. You might also be interested in the thread I just entered in the Bug Reporting forum, bulk keywording does not actually add keywords, needs to be touched individually.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2013
    Thanks, Denise. That confirms I'm not loone. Ok, maybe I'm still loony, but not about this :D
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2013
    So, I am going to include links to those 2 pictures below. It will be interesting to see if the keywords show up after that. Here they are:

Picture 1

Picture 2
    I see the keywords on both of these photos.
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    I see the keywords on both of these photos.

Yes. Per Denise's linked post above, I went into those two pictures, and individually edited and saved them. Had to do it twice on one, and once on the other. Did it about 5 minutes ago.

Thanks Allen.
  • Options
    sittingstillsittingstill Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited March 10, 2013
    This is really exasperating. Working on a sports program where my client needs to search by keyword/name and half the photos I took this week don't show up even though keywords have been entered days ago!
  • Options
    edited March 10, 2013
    I'm thinking everybody having issues with this should also post in the thread linked above by Denise Goldberg. It is in the bug forum.

In the meantime, i'm giving up on entering keywords online. Going to do it from Adobe Bridge before I upload them...for new pictures.

The thing that is concerning...in the thread Denise started, she pointed out a similar problem that has been acknowledged back in 2011 that has yet to be fixed.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2013
    Keyword indexing can take up to 24 hours. There's no need to manually make any changes. See my last post in Denise's thread for details.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2013
    Keyword indexing can take up to 24 hours. There's no need to manually make any changes. See my last post in Denise's thread for details.
    Sebastian -
    Can the fact that keyword indexing can take up to 24 hours be added to the help page?

--- Denise
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2013
    Denise,

I will submit that to be updated.

Thanks!

Michael
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2013
    mbonocore wrote: »