Options

Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II Tilt Shift Lens

ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
edited March 14, 2013 in House of Canon
Up for sale is my beloved but rarely ever used near mint condition TS-E 24mm Mk II F3.5L lens.

This lens was one of the first "big ticket" items my now husband bought for me when we were just living together / dating... not even engaged yet at that point... so it has sentimental value, and we both think it's a super cool lens, but the reality is I *rarely* use it since I'm mostly shooting weddings and martial arts 95% of the time, portraits and landscapes where I have the time to fiddle w/ the manual settings like 5% of the time... so as awesome of a lens as this is, my desire to replace it with the new 24-70 f2.8 Mk II has overwhelmed me since I know that will be a significantly more frequently used lens if swapped out in my kit from the TS-E.

I've got the original boxes, have sold and bought stuff on here before as well (I've been around since 2005 with smugmug/dgrin) I will post photos tomorrow when it's not dark in here and the natural light is more to my liking ;)

Asking: $1,900 shipping/insurance/delivery confirmation included or best offer (no low ball offers please). Was purchased new from Amazon 3 christmas's ago for me. Has been lovingly cared for but rarely used so looks like new.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2013
    Buy with confidence from Shima deal.gif
  • Options
    edited February 3, 2013
    Mmm pretty afternoon window light :) Here's the photos I promised! FYI, only time I took the case out of the plastic was to take these photos Laughing.gif. The lens has been sitting safely in my Think Tank since getting it... the CD, warranty card and soft case for it have been in the box in my closet the whole time.
    http://www.photography-by-cat.com/Other/For-Sale/Canon-TS-E-24mm-f35L-II/

IMG_8800-L.jpg

IMG_8801-L.jpg

IMG_8803-L.jpg

IMG_8804-L.jpg

IMG_8806-L.jpg

IMG_8807-L.jpg

IMG_8810-L.jpg

IMG_8808-L.jpg

IMG_8809-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2013
    Bump... anyone interested? Would love to see this lovely lens go to a new home where someone can use it more than I have been and I really would love to have the funds towards getting that sexy new 24-70... :)
  • Options
    TravelTravel Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2013
    It may be the price, as the price for a mint one that does sell is lot less. You may want to check it out.
  • Options
    edited February 15, 2013
    Travel wrote: »
    It may be the price, as the price for a mint one that does sell is lot less. You may want to check it out.

Checked the Fred Miranda forums and looks like they sell for 1,700 to 1,800 mint used (if you think it's even less than that make sure you are searching for mark ii and not marki)

I'll bump my price down to $1,750.
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2013
    $1,700 OBO. It's in mint condition.
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2013
    Anyone?
  • Options
    edited March 10, 2013
    Still available. Make me an offer if you're interested.
  • Options
    billythekbillythek Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2013
    You are making this very tempting. Seems like you should be able to sell it at this price.

Personally, I'm primarily looking for a TS-E 17mm, and waiting for the reviews of the new Samyang TS lens when it is available. But your price is very attractive for a very fine Canon lens. Good luck with your sale!

You should just go ahead and buy the 24-70II, BTW. You will love it.
    - Bill
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2013
    billythek wrote: »
    You are making this very tempting. Seems like you should be able to sell it at this price.

Personally, I'm primarily looking for a TS-E 17mm, and waiting for the reviews of the new Samyang TS lens when it is available. But your price is very attractive for a very fine Canon lens. Good luck with your sale!

You should just go ahead and buy the 24-70II, BTW. You will love it.

Once I sell this lens I plan to immediately buy the 24-70II Funds are just a little snug post wedding (we got married oversees on 12/12/12 in South Africa last month and paid for everything ourselves) so I'm trying to not add more to the credit card bills while I finish paying off the wedding/honeymoon... I just sold the G12 I had in the other list, so once I sell this as well I'll be able to go and pick myself up a pretty new 24-70 Mk II! I'm really hoping I can sell this sometime before mid-April when the next martial arts promotion test is so that I'll have the 24-70 Mk II for that :)
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2013
    Sale pending...
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2013
    Sold to argar :) Payment received and will be shipped before the week is over :)