Options

What do you see?

RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
edited March 19, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
IMG_7839-XL.jpg
Please feel free to post any reworks you do of my images. Crop, skew, munge, edit, share.
Website | Galleries | Utah PJs

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,189 moderator
    edited March 12, 2013
    A Batpole in the middle of a DNA molecule.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2013
    Scrap metal dealers hovering when it's demolished.

pp
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2013
    A clothesline used by a crippled Martian spaceship.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,928 moderator
    edited March 13, 2013
    Variations on the letter "S"--sky, stairway, sculpture and the overall form. What am I supposed to be seeing? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2013
    I see a large whales head with mouth wide open. The letter S too and it can also be a cash symbol using the vertical black pipe. There is an "artwork" device surrounding that black pipe which might have round balls decending thru its wire tube frame during business hours kinda thingy. Clear sky and snow on the ground. Mountains in the background or maybe its the top of a stadium. Which makes me think your on a campus of some sort. One car in the parking lot best I can tell. Am thinking your on the 2nd floor or so. Everything is very clean inside and out with no people anywhere. Am thinking the view is
    to the NW range. I also see your on your way outside to take pictures of Comet PanStarrs because you have wonderful cloudless skies unlike so many others who do not. Like ME! :D who has nearly nothing better to do than figure out what the hay I see in this picture. Lastly I have to ask if your last person in the building and your ride has left you.
    Michael
  • Options
    RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2013
    Awesome answers. Those are all wonderful interpretations. I really enjoyed the responses, thanks for posting. DaddyO is nearly spot on as far as what it actually is, so best detective award goes to him I think. And Richard saw what I saw. This is a staircase in the new Adobe campus in Utah. We have about 1000 employees there and work in the "Marketing Cloud" side of the business. The sculpture in the middle is indeed a kinetic sculpture involving balls that people can drop down from higher floors. It isn't "finished" yet, though it is functional already.

You can read about the building (and see photographs by a much more accomplished photographer) here:
    http://www.wired.com/design/2013/01/adobe-lehi/
    Please feel free to post any reworks you do of my images. Crop, skew, munge, edit, share.
    Website | Galleries | Utah PJs
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2013
    lol3.gif Finally some notoriety thumb.gif Yes bowdown.gif:D
    Michael
  • Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2013
    I see a lack of separation of the subject and the background.