Some more of Cally

Bend The LightBend The Light Registered Users Posts: 1,887 Major grins
edited March 19, 2013 in Go Figure
Sorry - Images removed

Comments

• Options
    novicesnappernovicesnapper Registered Users Posts: 445 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2013
    If I may? I think all in all pretty nice and she has what I call an alluring figure. She's cute and looks like fun to photograph. Here's a few things that popped out right away on my first glance.
    #1, Watch the appendages, in this case her thighs and knees. Closer objects may appear larger type of thing. To counteract this, have her lean forward from the waist slightly. To bring her face and shoulders closer into the same vertical plane as the thighs.
    #2 Just absorbing, not sure how I feel about the pose, not thrilled about the hands, maybe instead of flat, just the fingertips touching the ground?
    #3 Watch the hands and feet, always show the side of the hands when you can, try not to point the fingers at the lens. In this case maybe softy laying her left hand on the inside of the thigh, just showing the heel of the hand mainy? The feet are a little unflattering for the pose, I almost want to move camera right and let her left leg obscure them somewhat.
    #4 Feels like the hue is off some or the temperature. The image feels washed out. I would love to see that fixed and the eyes just pop on this one, very sexy pose. Notice how the shirt cuffs camouflage the hands?
    #5 VERY NICE! Great image, wb, sat, all very nice. A great playful pose! Really stands out imo.

All in all, just a few nits, no biggies and I think she would be thrilled when she sees them. TFS great to see you branch out.
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2013
    If I may? I think all in all pretty nice and she has what I call an alluring figure. She's cute and looks like fun to photograph. Here's a few things that popped out right away on my first glance.
    #1, Watch the appendages, in this case her thighs and knees. Closer objects may appear larger type of thing. To counteract this, have her lean forward from the waist slightly. To bring her face and shoulders closer into the same vertical plane as the thighs.
    #2 Just absorbing, not sure how I feel about the pose, not thrilled about the hands, maybe instead of flat, just the fingertips touching the ground?
    #3 Watch the hands and feet, always show the side of the hands when you can, try not to point the fingers at the lens. In this case maybe softy laying her left hand on the inside of the thigh, just showing the heel of the hand mainy? The feet are a little unflattering for the pose, I almost want to move camera right and let her left leg obscure them somewhat.
    #4 Feels like the hue is off some or the temperature. The image feels washed out. I would love to see that fixed and the eyes just pop on this one, very sexy pose. Notice how the shirt cuffs camouflage the hands?
    #5 VERY NICE! Great image, wb, sat, all very nice. A great playful pose! Really stands out imo.

All in all, just a few nits, no biggies and I think she would be thrilled when she sees them. TFS great to see you branch out.

Exactly the sort of reply I hoped to get...thank you.

And yes, she is very happy with them, and she is back with me at the weekend...something about some long ears and a bunny tail...Easter is coming apparently! ;)

I have taken all your comments and agree with ALL of them. They will be put into my practise immediately. :)
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2013
    Right now Sue Bryce is having a 21 day rebroadcast. She is super on hand placement and glamour posing, if you get a chance be sure and watch some of it, you'll see how she deals with hands. I learned SO much from her tutorials.
    http://www.creativelive.com/live1
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2013
    Right now Sue Bryce is having a 21 day rebroadcast. She is super on hand placement and glamour posing, if you get a chance be sure and watch some of it, you'll see how she deals with hands. I learned SO much from her tutorials.
    http://www.creativelive.com/live1

Thanks. :)
  • Options
    reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2013
    It's always a little more challenging working with a plus size model and trust me I find nothing wrong with real girls with real figures but asides from what was already pointed out I wanted to say that I find #4 to be most flattering to her figure.
    Bravo
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2013
    reyvee61 wrote: »
    It's always a little more challenging working with a plus size model and trust me I find nothing wrong with real girls with real figures but asides from what was already pointed out I wanted to say that I find #4 to be most flattering to her figure.
    Bravo

Thank you. :)

And if she's a plus size, I'm a ++++size! rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2013
    Lol, I agree Reyvee. It's an honest shoot and she's a real woman and I like that. Some photographers think "they" choose the models, then it brings their photography up. But in real life a photographer has to be able to shoot a variety of people in all shapes and forms. I think BTL did a great job of capturing her and her emotions. Sometimes an impish smile, sometimes just a twinkle in the eye, even a tiny thing like that, can send an image up off the charts, I see that here. Mention to her to bring a CD or two of her favorite music, to help put her more at ease, that's when the magic happens lol. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing more of you're work. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2013
    reyvee61 wrote: »
    Bravo
    Lol, I agree Reyvee. It's an honest shoot and she's a real woman and I like that. Some photographers think "they" choose the models, then it brings their photography up. But in real life a photographer has to be able to shoot a variety of people in all shapes and forms. I think BTL did a great job of capturing her and her emotions. Sometimes an impish smile, sometimes just a twinkle in the eye, even a tiny thing like that, can send an image up off the charts, I see that here. Mention to her to bring a CD or two of her favorite music, to help put her more at ease, that's when the magic happens lol. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing more of you're work. thumb.gif

Thank you.

We were very relaxed even on the first shoot. We had fun, espacially later when I had her perched on top of a box, almost falling off, saying to her "now grab your bum with both hands..." and so on. Was funny - I suppose you had to be there. :)

But we will definitely settle in quicker next time (this weekend. :) )

I put some more of the art-nude / bosyscapes on another thread today.

Cheers