Options

Ordering via iPad = difficult

mrhonimrhoni Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
edited March 19, 2013 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Anyone using iPad to take order with client, selecting products in particular? Because of how the iPad touch works it was a struggle to scroll to the product and select.

This ordering window is very difficult to work with and was unexpectedly frustrated. It can jump around as you try to tap scroll bar as well.

Comments

• Options
    RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2013
    I find it extremely difficult as well even if using a stylus. Hopefully there is a way to fix/remedy this.
    A few Nikon bodies and some fast Nikon glass

www.richknechtphotography.com
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,860 moderator
    edited March 4, 2013
    On a 7" Android tablet I find it helpful to use a 2 - finger - zoom-in - gesture, before trying to click on anything.

If you want to try viewing SmugMug on a simpler user interface, you might try a different browser which allows you to "trick" the server into pretending that it's working with an iPhone. Specifically, try the "Atomic" browser (the free 'Lite' version may be OK) and choose the "Identify Browser As" feature and select the "iPhone Safari" as the browser to fake.

Ultimately, a 15" (or larger) notebook computer makes for a vastly better presentation and ordering experience.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    FabFierceFotogerFabFierceFotoger Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited March 11, 2013
    What is the best way to instruct users on using an iPhone to make purchases? From what I can see, the standard mobile experience that comes up doesn't even allow purchases. Rather you need to select the very small type that saids, "Use Full Site" and then in very small print the buy button is there but near impossible to navigate effectively. Am I missing something? Turns out nearly half of my intended customer base views photos only on mobile and so I'm losing a lot of potential sales. It would be so GREAT if Smug had an iPhone app for CUSTOMERS to use and purchase photos on our sites. The only apps out there that I can find are for site owners to view and upload to their sites, but what is missing is the customer experience with drop down menus and such to make shopping EASY on mobile.
    Cheers,
    scott
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2013
    What is the best way to instruct users on using an iPhone to make purchases? From what I can see, the standard mobile experience that comes up doesn't even allow purchases. Rather you need to select the very small type that saids, "Use Full Site" and then in very small print the buy button is there but near impossible to navigate effectively. Am I missing something? Turns out nearly half of my intended customer base views photos only on mobile and so I'm losing a lot of potential sales. It would be so GREAT if Smug had an iPhone app for CUSTOMERS to use and purchase photos on our sites. The only apps out there that I can find are for site owners to view and upload to their sites, but what is missing is the customer experience with drop down menus and such to make shopping EASY on mobile.
    Cheers,
    scott

Scott,

At this time, you must be on the Full Site, and not the mobile site to purchase prints. Ziggy has some great suggestions about how you can make this process easier in his post above.

Michael
  • Options
    mrhonimrhoni Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2013
    I have mobile site turned off so the full site appears on mobile devices, so the issue is still the same, on iPad it's so difficult to manipulate the ordering window pane. iPad would be so useful for viewing and ordering as I can use 4G to access the website.