Options

Split Personality

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited March 20, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
St.Augustine%207-3-08%20002-X2.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2013
    Cool!
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2013
    Fun find Tom!
    I resemble this most days...rolleyes1.gif
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,928 moderator
    edited March 14, 2013
    Juano wrote: »
    Cool!
    15524779-Ti.gif
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2013
    Juano wrote: »
    Cool!

Thanks, Cristobal.

I'm not sure how, but this image plays some sort of role in the history of St. Augustine, Florida. Along with a number of other images ( all depicted on tiles ), this one is located in a small park in the historic district.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2013
    Earache wrote: »
    Fun find Tom!
    I resemble this most days...rolleyes1.gif

I gotta confess, Eric, someone claimed it looked like it could be my twin right after I've tangled with a jug of sangria.

Tom
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2013
    Richard wrote: »
    15524779-Ti.gif

Of all the folks on the forum, Richard, I thought....and I'm not sure why.... it might be you who would respond to this image. See my response to Cristobal. Maybe there's a Spanish connection?

Take care my friend,

Tom
  • Options
    bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2013
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2013
    bike21 wrote: »
    Nice!

Thanks for the visit, Nick.

Tom
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2013
    That's so freaky I has to keep jumping seat from it. thumb.gif I finally got My gumption up enough to stay long enough to comment. :D

Good one.

Don

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2013
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    That's so freaky I has to keep jumping seat from it. thumb.gif I finally got My gumption up enough to stay long enough to comment. :D

Good one.

Don

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

I know what you mean, Don. I find I can stare at it a little longer if I'll use only one eye.

Good to hear from you,

Tom
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2013
    I like it Tom!

Man, how would you like to have a large print of that on the wall over the couch staring at your every move eek7.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2013
    rwells wrote: »
    I like it Tom!

Man, how would you like to have a large print of that on the wall over the couch staring at your every move eek7.gif

Funny you should make that comment, pard. I've got a buddy in St. Augustine that's going to do me up a large print ( at least 20 x 30 ) and I'm going to mount that thing behind the wet bar that overlooks the great room. Darlene says I may never see her in that part of the house again.:D

Take care,

Tom
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2013
    Made me smile :D
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2013
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Made me smile :D

Well, Mary, I had to do something to get your mind off of that nasty Winter you guys have had. It was 75 here today and I'm already getting ready to start bellowing about heat waves. Gotta get my fanny back up into the Appalachians.

Be well, my friend,

Tom
  • Options
    JoReJoRe Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited March 16, 2013
    I like the shadows around the eyes. thumb.gif I'm a sucker for top-down light on these kind of objects iloveyou.gif
    Jon Reveman
    http://blog.jonreveman.com - - My little blog around photography, tutorials and short stories
    http://reveman.smugmug.com - Photo gallery
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2013
    Self portrait ? mwink.gif Fun shot Tom. It will go well with Left Brain Right Brain thumb.gif
    Michael
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2013
    JoRe wrote: »
    I like the shadows around the eyes. thumb.gif I'm a sucker for top-down light on these kind of objects iloveyou.gif

Thanks for the visit. I was lucky the Sun was high in the sky.

Tom
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2013
    DaddyO wrote: »
    Self portrait ? mwink.gif Fun shot Tom. It will go well with Left Brain Right Brain thumb.gif

You know, Michael, I had those two rust interpretations....which I called " He Said - She Said ".... blown up big ( 20 x 30 ) and beautifully framed ( white frames and white mattings...they were striking ) and put them in an art show. A dentist in south Georgia had seen them at the show and recently bought both of them to display in his home. He paid $1,000 for the pair. But, heck, I had a little over $500 in the custom framing and each print...on canvass...ran me $94. I didn't clear much money. I really didn't want to sell them....now I've got to do them all over again for myself.

Take care, buddy,

Tom