Options

Need your eyes (colour/contrast)

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited March 20, 2013 in People
Hi folks -

Major computer meltdown here and having to work on an uncalibrated monitor to meet a client deadline.

How does this look for skin tone, colour, contrast etc?

Thanks in advance!

i-G2FkPRv-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    novicesnappernovicesnapper Registered Users Posts: 445 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2013
    I'm getting a ever so slight blue tinge on her lower bosom, maybe light falloff? and eyes. Pupils look great, maybe slightly whiten the whites, not much just a tic? Nice smile, beautiful brown tones, very warm, great job.
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2013
    a bit cool, maybe turn up the contrast a tad too.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    bmoreshooterbmoreshooter Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2013
    On my monitor it appears to need just a touch of yellow to warm it up a bit.
  • Options
    michaelglennmichaelglenn Registered Users Posts: 442 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2013
    I wouldn't warm up the face, but color on her chest looks a little too cold. Warm up that part of the skin a tad, and you're golden. Great portrait btw thumb.gif
    wedding portfolio michaelglennphoto.com
    fashion portfolio michaelglennfashion.com
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2013
    Thanks guys. Hopefully can tweak and deliver tonight before my $&!&#!@# computer goes to the Hospital for Meltdowns While Still Under Warranty. Bleah.
  • Options
    shmingshming Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited March 19, 2013
    Skin Tones resemble Kodak Portra 400NC - bravo! that is a very difficult film to replicate and probably the one film that medium format digital back makers are always trying to replicate. I personally think you did a wonderful job. I keep on scrolling up to look at it. :)
    KLinh
    Klinh Evelyn Grace Photography
    Fashion & Commercial
    (2)Mamiya RZ67 IID, Mamiya 645 AFD II, Leaf Aptus 65, Profoto D1's, Capture One.
    http://www.klinhevelyngracephotography.com
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2013
    I agree with Shming. Color skin tones look fine to me on my calibrated monitor. Sure, she's pinker than I am but that's because I'm a boat person. Tonal range and contrast looks good too.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2013
    thanks boys! shming, I wish I could say it was an intentional attempt to emulate film, but it was just what that lighting gave me lol. I will say I intentionally contested the warm tones of dress/hair with the cool.of bc and eyes... which was one of the things that made it hard to process!

btw, the "blue" on her decolletage was just the vignette; feathered it a bit more and it disappeared :)

client was rapturous with the shot, so tx again for helping me deliver it on time.despite equipment meltdown!
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2013
    I agree with Shming. Color skin tones look fine to me on my calibrated monitor. Sure, she's pinker than I am but that's because I'm a boat person. Tonal range and contrast looks good too.

PLEASE................a 57 Chevy isn't a boat. :D

Sam