Options

Problems

ipatryipatry Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
edited March 21, 2013 in Cameras
So I was using my canon t3i to do a time lapse this evening. It was a great setup with an awesome view. A walked to where my buddy was at and came back about 30 min later right before we were going to head out. My camera looked as though it was off, the remote timer was still counting down and acting as though the camera was taking pictures but it wasn't. I turned the camera off and back on and it had half battery. It was about 30F, but I have used my camera in colder conditions. So I packed it up. I took 147 photos at 7 sec intervals. Then when I got home I noticed when I turned my camera off and on it made these two like weird beeps. The beeps are pretty quiet and it is not a normal thing to me. Has anyone experienced this?

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,871 moderator
    edited March 20, 2013
    What happens with a different, and freshly charged, battery? Do you still get the beeps when you power on?
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    ipatryipatry Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited March 20, 2013
    Yes, they are very low tone, coming from the inside of the camera.
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,871 moderator
    edited March 21, 2013
    If I understand you correctly, the camera has ceased to function and doesn't do anything now, with the exception of the two tones during power on. Is that accurate?

If so, remove the lens. Look inside the camera. Is the mirror in the up or down location?

If the mirror is down, look through the viewfinder at a fairly plain light or white wall (with the lens still off the camera.) Do you see any gradation top or bottom of the frame?

If the mirror is up, do you see the shutter mechanism or the CMOS imager?
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums