Options

Two days in Paris

bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins
edited March 26, 2013 in Journeys
As an airline pilot, I’'m quite fortunate to get to see the world on the cheap and often on short notice. So when the opportunity comes to make even a short holiday somewhere fun who am I to say no? My wife and I happened to have 4 days off together recently and since the snowfall at home in Colorado had been mediocre we decided to skip snowboarding that week and fly somewhere instead. So off to Paris it was.

I packed light for this one, just the D300, Sigma 18-200 & Nikon 50mm f/1.8. I’m unsure of what’s easier, having two weeks to make great images or having a shortened time span of about 55 hours on the ground. After getting home and sorting through my images, I was fairly pleased with the results. I hope you are too!

Where to go? Charles de Gaulle (CDG) Airport Train Station. Always love looking at the departure boards and seeing all the wonderful places to go.
i-k9X3VpF-L.jpg

What isn’t to like about Parisian architecture?
i-QrKMrCL-L.jpg

A meal with a view. This gent had stopped just to feed the birds.
i-vGhB6pX-L.jpg

I never go on holiday without taking a picture of a bicycle somewhere! Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel.
i-QCh5Nfb-L.jpg

Good fuel for body & soul – cappuccino and pain aux raisin. Bon-appetit!
i-nzcsZvt-L.jpg

It’s always tough to get a ‘fresh’ image of Le Eiffel.
i-c8wWb9s-L.jpg

The ever-enchanting Louvre.
i-4B7qhpX-L.jpg

My wife as we await the Metro to take us back to our hotel.
i-zfRG525-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    studio12cstudio12c Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited March 10, 2013
    Good job,
  • Options
    LoganHLoganH Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2013
    Great images! Love the image of "Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel". Also love the eiffel tower through the branches. Did you also get one with the branches out of focus and the tower in focus? Would be awesome to see that one as well.
  • Options
    red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2013
    Who's hosting the pictures? I'm getting icons on both here and your blog. Part of the new website? From what does show up on your blog, you have a very interesting and unique viewpoint. I like lego-man taking pictures of the Eiffel Tower.
    All the best.
    edited March 13, 2013
    LoganH wrote: »
    Great images! Love the image of "Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel". Also love the eiffel tower through the branches. Did you also get one with the branches out of focus and the tower in focus? Would be awesome to see that one as well.

Thanks! In fact I do have one!

i-JcXLzWQ-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2013
    red_zone wrote: »
    Who's hosting the pictures? I'm getting icons on both here and your blog. Part of the new website? From what does show up on your blog, you have a very interesting and unique viewpoint. I like lego-man taking pictures of the Eiffel Tower.
    All the best.

Just fixed the links a few moments ago, I'm sticking with Smugmug for my image hosting but transferred my domain so I can run a Wordpress based front-end now. It has caused more work than I anticipated, but will be worth it for sure.

Thanks for the kudos on the pics too! thumb.gif
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,908 moderator
    edited March 21, 2013
    Nice to have a job that allows for some advanced scouting. Great job on the photos. Especially, the pain aux raisin & cappuccino :drool
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    LightsearcherLightsearcher Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2013
    Just beautiful..!!! I just arrived from a trip from London and Paris.

You did a great job.

Marcelo
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2013
    ian408 wrote: »
    Nice to have a job that allows for some advanced scouting. Great job on the photos. Especially, the pain aux raisin & cappuccino :drool

Thanks! We love French pastries for sure, we've tried twice since returning home to make our own pain aux raisin with marginal success. Third time will hopefully be a charm!
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2013
    Just beautiful..!!! I just arrived from a trip from London and Paris.

You did a great job.

Marcelo

Thanks so much! Haven't been to London yet, definitely on the list.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,908 moderator
    edited March 26, 2013
    bike21 wrote: »
    Thanks! We love French pastries for sure, we've tried twice since returning home to make our own pain aux raisin with marginal success. Third time will hopefully be a charm!

I've never made it. Mostly cause I suck at making pastry. But to me, the perfect one is not dry and it's not 'wet' either. The pastry is a sort of like phyllo dough. And it has enough raisins. There's a place near me called Sugar, Butter, Flour which has ones.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?