Perfectly Clear

trooperstroopers Registered Users Posts: 317 Major grins
edited April 1, 2013 in Digital Darkroom
Any thoughts/comments about the software? I appreciate any user feedback.

It it matters, I'm primarily a people photog (families, engagement, weddings). I shoot D800s, fast primes and use LR4 as my primarily editing software.

$199 is a bit steep but...

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2013
    Hey, I'm COO of Athentech, makers of Perfectly Clear. Have you tried the software? It's free for 30 days trial. I'm happy to offer Dgrinners a discount, too. Use code 7643B5BA for 20% off deal.gif
  • Test-PilotTest-Pilot Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited March 29, 2013
    I use Nik Software plug-ins for LR... is Perfectly Clear similar? What I mean by that is that I'm a bit skittish of the "one-click to fix twelve problems" claim. Y'know, when something claims to do so many things so well, and with just one click? It's not that I'm skeptical... it's that I don't like relinquishing all control to A.I.; I'd actually prefer having to click many times, as it were. LoL
    It's a control-freak thing in me... ne_nau.gif

btw, thanks for the discount code... I'll def. use it if I decide to keep it after the trial!
    edited March 30, 2013
    Nik and others are more creative (and I use Nik plugins, too) - Perfectly Clear is aimed at getting your exposure, color, depth, vibrancy, fidelity, contrast and many other things all done in one touch. Saving you time & money and giving you beautiful, accurate photos. Give it a try :)
  • HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2013
    You can see a bunch of images processed with Perfectly Clear here. In the 5th post in the thread I show a before and after PC image.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • AFBlueAFBlue Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2013
    Andy wrote: »
    Nik and others are more creative (and I use Nik plugins, too) - Perfectly Clear is aimed at getting your exposure, color, depth, vibrancy, fidelity, contrast and many other things all done in one touch. Saving you time & money and giving you beautiful, accurate photos. Give it a try :)

I would be nice if Perfectly Clear included a histogram.
    edited March 31, 2013
    AFBlue wrote: »
    I would be nice if Perfectly Clear included a histogram.

We will likely include it in the next version of our plugin. For now, know that we'll never clip shadows or highlights, it's impossible.

Thanks!
  • trooperstroopers Registered Users Posts: 317 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2013