Options

UK Rugby

bluesman grahambluesman graham Registered Users Posts: 254 Major grins
edited April 4, 2013 in Sports
Hi all,
Here's a few images from a game shot Easter Monday.
Dunno why but I was off the pace this game?, a lot of missed shots:cryI managed a National usage etc but was dissapointed with my performance:dunno:. guess we all have these days!.
PS sorry for the stronger watermark!, another directive I'm afraid:frown:
HuddersfieldGiantsVWidnesVickings10_zpsb7d69725.jpg
HuddersfieldGiantsVWidnesVickings09_zpsdc6a03f4.jpg
HuddersfieldGiantsVWidnesVickings23_zps0d70a0e4.jpg
HuddersfieldGiantsVWidnesVickings01_zpsddedcb18.jpg
Graham.

C&C most welcome

Nikon D3s,D3, D2hs x2 Nikkor 70-200 2.8, Nikkor 24-70 2.8, Nikkor AF-SII 300 2.8, Nikkor 1.4 & 1.7 converters etc.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bluesmangraham/

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,916 moderator
    edited April 3, 2013
    Look OK to me. Maybe a wee bit off but then I'm no Rugby expert.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2013
    #2 and #3 are my favourites
    #2 _ because of the impending pain and the sense of power/pressure
    #3 _ because of the grace and ball skills. You have captured a key moment in the fluidity of sport
    Still don't know why people play rugby ... brutal sport headscratch.gif ... but I would love to photograph it!!!
    Australian Rules is my passion! wings.gif
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,209 moderator
    edited April 3, 2013
    #'s 2 and 3 for me. The only thing that bothers me is the seats in the background. They're empty. :cry
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    bluesman grahambluesman graham Registered Users Posts: 254 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2013
    Thanks for taking the time out to comment guys it's much appreciated!. Kind regards Graham.

Hi Ian, yep my timing was out all game.ne_nau.gif

Hi Ace, Rugby?, brutal?, compared to Aussie Rules?? (ie there aren't many rules to protect players healthrolleyes1.gif). We have a local team playing AR now & I keep meaning to bob down to shoot it! any tips on where to stand would be helpful?

Hello David, yep it was a poor crowd, but TBH it was Easter Monday and lot of people go away for an extended weekend on vacation or to Family here in the UK.
    Graham.

C&C most welcome

Nikon D3s,D3, D2hs x2 Nikkor 70-200 2.8, Nikkor 24-70 2.8, Nikkor AF-SII 300 2.8, Nikkor 1.4 & 1.7 converters etc.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bluesmangraham/
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2013
    Hi Ace, Rugby?, brutal?, compared to Aussie Rules?? (ie there aren't many rules to protect players healthrolleyes1.gif). We have a local team playing AR now & I keep meaning to bob down to shoot it! any tips on where to stand would be helpful?

I like to stand about level with the centre square line which is maybe 5m toward the centre circle from the 50m arc. That allows me to grab some centre bounce ruck contests and all the action from the other end of the 50m square through to centre half forward. Great if a team has a high flying forward.
    Good luck - wish you well no matter which code you are catching. thumb.gif
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com