Options

Auto Refresh Gallery or Galleries?

714B714B Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
Is there a way to auto refresh a specific gallery or all galleries?

Example: I sometimes upload photos to a gallery live from an event. Guests will be browsing the gallery on their phones or tablets looking through photos throughout the night. Currently they need to refresh the page to see new photos. I'm looking for a way to "auto refresh" the webpage for these type of events.

Any suggestions would be appreciated especially if it works!

Comments

• Options
    714B714B Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited April 1, 2013
    Bump...I reached out to Smugmug and they recommended that I submit to this forum.

Please advise.
  • Options
    ZBlackZBlack Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2013
    This won't be of any help since I don't know for sure, but I'd imagine there is some sort of javascript code or something you could enter to have a specific page refresh every so often. Many sites do have an autoupdate/refresh feature, I just don't know anything about it to be of help.

Hope someone is able to help you. As another suggestion, maybe put this in the Customization forums if you haven't? It's much more active and I bet this would fit easily into that category.
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 8, 2013
    You could try making a API request to smugmug.albums.getInfo and using the LastUpdated field to determine if a photo has been uploaded since the page was loaded. Alternatively, you could call smugmug.images.get for a given gallery and see if the number of images currently displayed matches in the images in the API call.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos