Options

Selling via SM

Dawnrosie1956Dawnrosie1956 Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
edited April 12, 2013 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
me again....

Hi Folks,

I was wondering how well SM members sell to the online community? From what I've seen and read so far its all geared up for us selling direct to our own clients. I realise that keywording and descriptions are important so that the search engines can pick up on individual images and sales will happen that way as well but does SM actively promote the selling of products on the web generally? When landing on the SM home page all there is is a tiny Browse Photos link at the bottom of the page. The whole page is set up to attract photographers to set up an account.

Is there a Shop front somewhere that Ive missed?

Comments

• Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2013
    Hi,

Thank you for your note. SmugMug provides the tools to help make your photos available for sale as well as the tools to make marketing a breeze, but there is not a SmugMug storefront. Having strong keywords and SEO is obviously important in order to show up high in the Search Engine rankings, but ultimately, the majority of sales come to photographers who market themselves and their work. There is the SmugMug community pages, and we do display trending photos, but those photos usually are there because they were shared and promoted across the internet in many online platforms.

Of course, most print sales come from weddings, events, student athletics, etc. I think you will find that is how most photographers make their print sales money.

My friend Colby Brown has a great series about how to maximize your social media presence as a photographer. Give it a read here

I hope this helps!

Michael
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2013
    Moved to SmugMug Pro Sales Support Forum.
  • Options
    Dawnrosie1956Dawnrosie1956 Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited April 12, 2013
    ok cool thanks, just thought id ask incase i was missing a trick