Options

Operatically Blonde...

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited April 17, 2013 in People
C&C always welcome!

Another from the marathon in the last 10 days (this is my part-time job?!), and another jaw-droppingly photogenic client. I'm telling you, anybody who thinks opera is "the fat lady sings" is about a century out of date :rofl

Lovely Christine - soprano doing ingenue roles, and who specifically wanted both some diva-shots, as well as a more "commercial", smiley look. No problem! She was also very good in front of a camera and took direction really, really well. Btw, no makeup artist on this one - all her own work, and she nailed it; the only actual retouching was for hair wispies (which may be the death of me!)

70-200 II + 5dII for all of 'em.

i-S5JXrvw-L.jpg

i-kZNZrpF-L.jpg

3. This piece of aluminum-backed foam insulation that I use as a bg has recouped its $11 cost over and over...

i-XGWvv9q-L.jpg

i-p7WfCXw-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2013
    Three (that background is indeed great) and four are my favorites and I think they're stellar!

However, if she's the one singing at the end of the opera, Dick Motta won't know it's over.:D
  • Options
    edited April 13, 2013
    Thanks, Bryce!! It was a lot of fun.

One more from the latter part of the shoot. I thought these almost came out like boudoir shots she's got the sultry thing going on so well. Cool WB intentional, btw - it just seemed to work to me (although by all means let me know if it doesn't!)

i-Jf5nVgK-L.jpg
  • Options
    D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2013
    Last one?
    KILLER!
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2013
    Really like 3-4-5. Great job on those but the blue ones seem distorted or an odd twist to her relationship between head and shoulders.

Your lighting, posing and expression in the last 3 are great....best examples I think of your work that I have seen.

Got to love crazy backgrounds. The backboard looks great just tell everyone it was a back reflector.
  • Options
    Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2013
    Wow!! #5 is stunning. Fantastic job! The hair across the eye in #4 is my only nit.
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
  • Options
    edited April 16, 2013
    Thanks guys! I got several frames of that last pose with subtly different expressions, so there are some nice ones in that series.

Mike, do you mean the stray hair (I can clean that up - good catch), or the peekaboo bangs?
  • Options
    Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2013
    divamum wrote: »
    Mike, do you mean the stray hair (I can clean that up - good catch), or the peekaboo bangs?
    The stray hairs. Looks like there are two but the one that cuts her eye in half is the one that I noticed.
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
  • Options
    LightsearcherLightsearcher Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2013
    Beautiful work, #4 and 5 are the best.

Thank you for posting.

Marcelo
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2013
    LOVING the last few, thinking the background tip too good to not give it a try. Very very nice work here, congrats.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700