Options

Dutch Bride

D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
edited April 19, 2013 in Weddings
Had to do a bridal shoot, not really my thing and it had to look Dutch ( No not cheap :rofl).

So the windmill had to be in it; Tulips , yes but they are late this year....or de bride was to early..:D

Anyhow , here is one shot ...for you to look at and comment if you like, much appreciated...D3S

The weather was really an issue, coulds come and go causing 3 stops of difference in light from minute to minute, heavy wind that made the bride pinch the eyes, combined with a white/white dress, a bit of a problem. Going into the shade was not an option as the bride wanted this shot...
_DSC4053-Edit-Edit-Edit-XL.jpg
A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer

Comments

• Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2013
    Gorgeous image, I would have preferred to see her eyes a little more open but other than that it's good! Shallower DOF might have also helped, come to think of it...

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2013
    Gorgeous image, I would have preferred to see her eyes a little more open but other than that it's good! Shallower DOF might have also helped, come to think of it...

=Matt=

Thanks Matt, and indeed the eyes would have been better. It was windy and that is why she pinches the eyes. Despite my remarks and guidance. Turning in the other direction was then a problem with the hair...
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2013
    D3Sshooter wrote: »
    Thanks Matt, and indeed the eyes would have been better. It was windy and that is why she pinches the eyes. Despite my remarks and guidance. Turning in the other direction was then a problem with the hair...

I feel ya, man! Always a problem when the wind blows. Hate it...
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    LinusMLinusM Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited April 19, 2013
    The image looks great having a really rich tonal range but yes, a real shame with her eyes. If it was me and the client wanted this shot, I would have just kept her going through the motion of eyes away from camera or closing them and then turning / opening on cue for the camera. Many shots but fingers crossed a wide eyed, well lit image in the mix.
    Damn elements but we have to work with or around them ;-)