Options

Some Lite-Rust For Desert

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited April 20, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
rust%202013%20021-X2.jpg

rust%202013%20001-X2.jpg

rust%202013%20015-X2.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2013
    Nice set Tom, my favorite is the second one. Nice composition.
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2013
    Thanks Tom. Needed that.

thumb.gif
    Don

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    edited April 19, 2013
    Juano wrote: »
    Nice set Tom, my favorite is the second one. Nice composition.

Thanks, Cristobal. I'm also kind of partial to the second one.

I went back and flipped the third shot....decided it looked better that way. Also decided to name the picture...." Blowing Off Plasma ".
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited April 19, 2013
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    Thanks Tom. Needed that.

thumb.gif
    Don

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

I'm always pleased when you check in, Don.

Thanks,

Tom
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2013
    In total, a very appealing series Tom! clap.gif
    In this group, I like #3 best... I see an extraterrestrial bad-guy from a Star Trek episode in there.
    I know you probably have a plan already (and may be low on wall space), but, I suggest a big triptych of your 3 favorites. thumb.gif
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2013
    The last one looks like an ocean wave with water splashing up as it hits the rocks. #2 is bit too pink for my tests but still a nice selection of abstract elements. I love #1 for its bright primary colors. I may be on my way to choosing a set of 3 rust shots for a place on my wall--will be in touch!

More great pieces for your portfolio, Tom.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2013
    Earache wrote: »
    In total, a very appealing series Tom! clap.gif
    In this group, I like #3 best... I see an extraterrestrial bad-guy from a Star Trek episode in there.
    I know you probably have a plan already (and may be low on wall space), but, I suggest a big triptych of your 3 favorites. thumb.gif

Thanks, Eric, for the kind words and support.

I had emailed a few of these shots from this current series to a few friends. One of those friends has a sister that owns and operates a high-end gallery on St. Simons Island, Georgia....about 90 miles north of Jacksonville. My friend then copied my emails on to her sister. The sister has called me and has inquired about setting up a special exhibit of these photos. She is suggesting picking about eight of the shots for the exhibit. I've not decided whether I want to mess with this idea or not. But, I assure you, some of these things will eventually end up on my walls.....even though, as you surmise, I'm getting real tight on available wall space.

Take care my friend,

Tom
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2013
    redleash wrote: »
    The last one looks like an ocean wave with water splashing up as it hits the rocks. #2 is bit too pink for my tests but still a nice selection of abstract elements. I love #1 for its bright primary colors. I may be on my way to choosing a set of 3 rust shots for a place on my wall--will be in touch!

More great pieces for your portfolio, Tom.

I've certainly had fun working with this latest series. I appreciate the support you have given me over the last few years.

I have two remaining shots to show. These two shots represent my personal favorites....and I'm having a tough time saying which one ranks # 1. I'll post them soon under the title " The Grand Finale ". I hope you'll like them.

Be well,

Tom