Options

Rugby--American Collegiate style...

PhotogbikerPhotogbiker Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
edited April 20, 2013 in Sports
Every time I see Bluesman's pics I realize how long it has been since I watched rugby here locally. I was rejuvenated last weekend when Oregon State came to AZ to play ASU and UA. Full weekend of rugby--to my wife's delight.

OSU%20v%20UA%20040713135-L.jpg

OSU%20v%20UA%20040713012-L.jpg

OSU%20v%20UA%20040713125-L.jpg

Thanks for looking.

PS--self criticism: They all should be cropped into the action. I provided these to the players and left them a bit wide to include a few more of the team in each shot.

Thanks for looking. Now, to find more local rugby to follow.....

Comments

• Options
    bluesman grahambluesman graham Registered Users Posts: 254 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2013
    Some great action Sir thumb.gif,
    you've already hit the nail on the head already they need a crop

#1 crop up to lose some grass & in from the L to give space for the pass to R!
    #2 crop in to corner flag up to just below feet & in from R to exclude everyon else
    #3 Hard to say! maybe lose the large player to R but you'd still have his arm in?? dunno

Look forward to more. Kind regards Graham.
    Graham.

C&C most welcome

Nikon D3s,D3, D2hs x2 Nikkor 70-200 2.8, Nikkor 24-70 2.8, Nikkor AF-SII 300 2.8, Nikkor 1.4 & 1.7 converters etc.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bluesmangraham/
  • Options
    PhotogbikerPhotogbiker Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2013
    Thanks Graham, good comments. Trying to keep to a 4x6 format so the kids can print at local Walmart, but will crop to a good photo for my purposes.

Need to connect with local rugby team now and shoot some more. Was a lot of fun and the kids very much appreciated the pics. Definitely had the desire to jump back on the pitch, but the common sense to realize that is why my back aches in the first place.