Options

SJ Sharks, Cameras Allowed?

VitaminVVitaminV Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
edited April 22, 2013 in Sports
Does anyone know if the Sharks restrict "professional" cameras from entering the Pavilion? Do they still follow the P&S only rule?

Comments

• Options
    aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2013
    VitaminV wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Sharks restrict "professional" cameras from entering the Pavilion? Do they still follow the P&S only rule?
    It's one of the better policies and can be found on the info page
    Camera and Audio/Video Recorders: The use of still cameras (film or digital) and video & audio recorders is regulated by the promoter of each event. In many cases, the camera policy is not finalized until the day of the event and is subject to change. In most cases for concerts, all cameras are prohibited. Still cameras (film or digital) are permitted for Sharks games and other professional or amateur sporting events, as long as the lens does not exceed six inches in length. Video cameras are rarely permitted. When cameras are prohibited, guests are encouraged to take them back to their car or check them in at the entrances. Tri-pods or single-pods are also not permitted at any event held at HP Pavilion at San Jose, as they can cause a tripping hazard in the event of an evacuation.
    They check the length of the lens when fully extended against the ticket scanner. I recommend the 135m f/2 or the 200m f/2.8.
  • Options
    jheftijhefti Registered Users Posts: 734 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2013
    I shoot the Sharks professionally, so I can't directly answer your question. However, I see a lot of cameras in the crowd, and some have sizable lenses on them. The light is pretty good for a sports stadium--I shoot at ISO 2500 usually, and wide open at f/2.8, with pretty good results.

Generally these places are pretty good about cameras at sports events, and so long as you don't use a lens that gets in the way of others they tend to be chill.
  • Options
    jmp2204jmp2204 Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2013
    interesting note , At The ACC in Toronto , they say no lenses longer than a CC, Ottawa sens say no camera with a detachable lens and they say that is an NHL policy
  • Options
    JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2013
    Hell, pick up a Canon SX50 and you'd be set.. 24-1200 OPTICAL zoom. http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canon-powershot-sx50-hs
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,916 moderator
    edited April 22, 2013
    jhefti wrote: »
    I shoot the Sharks professionally, so I can't directly answer your question. However, I see a lot of cameras in the crowd, and some have sizable lenses on them. The light is pretty good for a sports stadium--I shoot at ISO 2500 usually, and wide open at f/2.8, with pretty good results.

Generally these places are pretty good about cameras at sports events, and so long as you don't use a lens that gets in the way of others they tend to be chill.
    jmp2204 wrote: »
    interesting note , At The ACC in Toronto , they say no lenses longer than a CC, Ottawa sens say no camera with a detachable lens and they say that is an NHL policy

The policy that Aktse posted is pretty much it in a nutshell. Her 135 recommendation is solid as well thumb.gif
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?