Options

Yep, another extreme PP image...

IDDBIDDB Registered Users Posts: 125 Major grins
edited April 23, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
This is a 3 or 4(not sure) shots combined in photomatix. I like this program for such effects. Thanks for looking.

8618303298_c62ce37668_o.jpg

Comments

• Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2013
    I thought this a really interesting work. Has a cool look I'd like to try sometime. Seems you had described how little while back. :D
    Michael
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2013
    Thanks DaddyO... Yes I did describe it and for those who might have missed it. I will give a very short version now. :D Basically, you PP and re-PP the image as many times as needed to look the way (you didn't know) you wanted to.
    Just checked and this image is a 4 shot tonemapped 3 times without using the fusion option.
    Not as extreme as my CAT truck PPed 8 times.

8543995474_696705a1c1_z.jpg
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2013
    Yes, thats it. While I think I understand the process I am still trying to wrap my head around it. Had better try it soon. I think it would be helpful if I could see what images were blended to make 1. Also it comes to mind that your tossing out the first instruction to see lead me to try something I had never ever done before save for a couple hdr look at's via trial version Photomatix. Stack varied single image results not hdr to make 1. Did it with an IR return to see what would change. At the time it just popped into my head but I see now it was your comment that bubbled to the top when I was working on the maybe shot.
    Michael
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2013
    Michael, I believe you are on the right track. You can also use the Fusion function in Photomatix to chose which layer you would like to dominate the image. This is done using the Blending Point Slider in the Fusion option (play with the other slider to get what you like) then press Process. Once this is done, save it. You can now Tonemappe the image as much as you like. When you have one done, show us how it came out.:photo